ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Another rim bites the dust..

Cookie

ClioSport Club Member
This one decided to go on me on the M23 at 70mph

Can't be sure, but the buckle in the rim MAY have been from the last incident (wheel completely fucked on the front from hitting a pot hole) as this was the rear one

58777_428048666916_520156916_5567105_7439382_n.jpg

Hard shoulder in the dark isn't fun!

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
The detailers will go into meltdown when they see the inside of that wheel...

Cookie

ClioSport Club Member
The detailers will go into meltdown when they see the inside of that wheel...

My entire car is like that! It's for driving, not cleaning!

Unless the dirt is interfering with the mechanical functioning of the car, it stays where it is. Must have been 4-5 months since it was cleaned :p

DCi 100
Pretty sure I have acouple of those tires on the set of 172 wheels I have. Awful doesn't describe them IMO!

Shame about the rim, but atleast it's only a bland 172 wheel which are fairly cheap to pick up on their own.

Cookie

ClioSport Club Member
Pretty sure I have acouple of those tires on the set of 172 wheels I have. Awful doesn't describe them IMO!

Shame about the rim, but atleast it's only a bland 172 wheel which are fairly cheap to pick up on their own.

Tyres were perfect tbh! Only have one left now, but they had plenty of grip and lasted quite a while

At the moment I have an odd mix... there's some Avon tyre on the NSF, NSR is a Vredestein Sportrac (like the one in the picture), a Dunlop something or other (my original spare) on the OSF, and a part worn GSD3 on the OSR that I bought from a guy on here a month or so ago

DCi 100
You have an entire car of different tires! lol! Bet thats fun as one comes into good range, others go off alittle and they all act differently to water etc :)

I thought they were ace at first, but 2k later, the back end skips everywhere and is just not there anymore. Full set of T1R's on my OZ F1's in 15" are day and night over them. Even though I utterly hated T1R's on my 16" Turini's!

My life story of tires.

Cookie

ClioSport Club Member
You have an entire car of different tires! lol! Bet thats fun as one comes into good range, others go off alittle and they all act differently to water etc :)

I thought they were ace at first, but 2k later, the back end skips everywhere and is just not there anymore. Full set of T1R's on my OZ F1's in 15" are day and night over them. Even though I utterly hated T1R's on my 16" Turini's!

My life story of tires.

Must just be how you drive :p

I like the back end to be a bit slidey.

The tyre from the first knackered rim is being swapped on to the current spare. Then I'm gonna buy 2 brand new rears so that they match. At least that way I'll be back to matching on both axles

I've only ever seen damage to a tyre like that occur when a coil spring is broken

i want to agree.

I assume all the tyre pressures are correct ? Could of just been that one, picked up a puncture on the journey and the sidewalls overheated.

Clio 1970000000
Wow, lucky escape there. Never think to look at damage to the inside of the wheel from a pothole.

3 Series xdrive
Stay away from cheap tyres, looks like they have disintegrated on you, i had same problem with cheap tyres on my focus st, tyres had only done a couple of thousand mile, only on the car for 6months, looked perfect until very close inspection of the sidewalls, they were literally falling apart, cracks around the sidewalls, very lucky i spotted it before they blew out. After doing some research i found out they were apparantly 'single ply' sidewalls, and apparntly thats not good, anyway, lesson learned, dont buy cheap tyres.