ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Another RSTuner review :)

I think the raised Idle speed is a good idea bit lumpy sometimes running low

Henk - What are the advantages of VVT being activated when cold? Also disabling the ignition r****d?

Will be investing in one of these soon i think :)

No hesitation of the engine anymore, during warmup.

RS RIP
Henk was this the improved midrange map we were talking/mailing about last time ?

Also for RON98 ? I think Maurice has told me about this ....

It's time i got myself this gadget me thinks :)

Henk was this the improved midrange map we were talking/mailing about last time ?

Also for RON98 ? I think Maurice has told me about this ....

It's time i got myself this gadget me thinks :)

This map has alot of improvements, (see previous posts). RON97 or higher is recommended but not required for this one.

I have a ph2 172 FF, I am planning on getting the following:-

ITG Maxogen
Race Cat
Replacement Sports Exhaust (not too sure which one yet)

Will the RSTuner make much of a difference? Does it raise the limiter? How much more stress will it put on other parts of the engine?

Im a bit confused by the website are the mpas under ECU calibrations and if so which one is this new one thats just been developed?

RS RIP
you mail Henk and he sends them to you... the last map is supposed to be a nice one torque-wise !

RS RIP

ITG Maxogen
Race Cat

Will the RSTuner make much of a difference? Does it raise the limiter? How much more stress will it put on other parts of the engine?

My experience with Fastchip maps ; Believe me it will make a very noticable difference . Reacts on throttle a lot better, more torque in lower revs, drivability is just improved a lot. Limiter is raised ; I've never been there yet and i do like to drive hard. Fuel consumption improves..
Parts of car that will get stress ; Tyres and brakes !!!;)

ITG Maxogen
Race Cat

Replace race cat with decat please

RS RIP
mine goes like a rocket with sportscat ...

Still want to try decat though ;)

Pain in the arse to replace with MOT ; that why i went for sportscat. And sound is friendlier

182 cat is a piece of cake 2 bolts and a spring clamp jobs a gooden - thats why i need this kit to turn off the bloody dash light lol!!

the 182 cat is already a decent 200 cell cat if you ask me your best going decat as a sports cat wont gain much at all. (different to the 172)

RS RIP
oops..... 182/172 difference sorry !

Yet i've heard the 182 does'nt respond to a decat well at all ? because of the already good manifold, you're taking away the last bit of backpressure it has by decatting.
People who tried them found them very dissapointing on the 182

RSC 182 Cup
I didn't notice any difference at all tbh with the decat, just ALOT more noise!

That could be because the restriction is the pipe size after the cat more so than the cat itself. The cat inlet pipe on a 182 is 2.5" and the pipe after it is reduced down to under 2", then after the centre res it goes back up to 2.25".

Mk4 Polo
I didn't notice any difference at all tbh with the decat, just ALOT more noise!

That could be because the restriction is the pipe size after the cat more so than the cat itself. The cat inlet pipe on a 182 is 2.5" and the pipe after it is reduced down to under 2", then after the centre res it goes back up to 2.25".

In otherwords the exhaust pulses are all fooked! Exhaust pulse tuning is key to getting power out of the exhaust, Exhaust gases run in pulses i.e waves.
A step up in the size (example - 2.25" to 2.5") can theoretically end the exhaust aslong as its that length for the rest of the actual exhaust pipe. If you get this step up in the correct place with the pulses you'll see the benifits in power. If you get it in the opposite end of the spectrum i.e the wrong place, you'll see the losses. You can work out where to do this but I forgot how to work it out! I'll find a link! lol But its got something to do with the length of the manifold primarys etc

Pulse tuning has more effect on power than back pressure.

172 Cup
well getting back on track with the post, i installed the new calibration on thursday night and i must say it is a completely different car to drive. when cold i used to get a lot of hesitation and lack of power, with this its as though it fully warmed up all the time, throttle response is indeed quicker and when the engine is fully warm the low down torque is awesome, pulls alot stronger, idle is a lot smoother too once the correction values have been established.

in short, well happy!

glad to hear it :). Apperently these lock to your ECu is this true? how do we unlock them when we sell our clios and dont need it anymore?

RS RIP
well getting back on track with the post, i installed the new calibration on thursday night and i must say it is a completely different car to drive. when cold i used to get a lot of hesitation and lack of power, with this its as though it fully warmed up all the time, throttle response is indeed quicker and when the engine is fully warm the low down torque is awesome, pulls alot stronger, idle is a lot smoother too once the correction values have been established.

in short, well happy!

Sounds good ! I was wondering; Did you already have a map before you ran this latest version ?

172 Cup
yeah i had the original grn map that i downloaded from the website, which was good, but this new one is better

RS RIP
:)

that's it ... buying the gadget next paycheck

I thought my original grpN was great, now i'm wanting the latest !

also the smoother idle seems nice to me

RSC 172
Hello gents, I too have the RSTuner with the latest .cal file loaded. Different conditions here in Aust obviously but it performs very well even when she's hot. I concur with all re the better cold running and general driving plus the mid range torque increase is obvious even via the 'bum' dyno. Henk is looking into a further tweek to the latest .cal file I have loaded ..and I purchased it for all the other reasons.. all RSC owners should have one. This is the best 'bang for ya buck' RSC device available on the market by a country mile and it will only get better. I am discussing some simple visual displays such as a 'knock correction display' combined with a variable shift light coupled to a gear indicator. This can be run without the laptop and you simply mount in-dash or external. There's fertile ground there!

The diags are simply fantastic not to mention the data logging for later review. The local Aust crowd are paying $800 Aust for one remap from a tuner from Singapore. This product wins hands down.

Good work Henk..your on a winner there mate. ;-)

Enjoy all :)

Edited spelling.

RS RIP
:lolup:

Good ol dutch craftmanship

All this world-wide interest is all nice and well but i want one and now Henk's sold out !! :eek: .....:D

oh well, January will be fine i suppose. All good things are worth the waiting

Has this stopped for the Christmas period as it's all out of stock?

How much is shipping usually?

I need to buy a crappy laptop.

Elise S1 B&C 140
yeah i had the original grn map that i downloaded from the website, which was good, but this new one is better

Do you Have any other engine mods to compliment this, and did you ever get it RR'd.

I will be ordering one me thinks

I think I orderd the last one :D
I'll post a review when it eventually turns up, I think its still lost in the xmas post somewhere lol

80MPG BEEZA
these sound pretty good to me, seems their sold out now though which is a shame as i have the cash for it

172 Cup
I have a pipercross viper with the accoustic valve removed, a decat and cat back system.

i was going to but the RR day got cancelled so ive still not managed to get it on the rollers

the fault code function is good, it tells me i have a shift light problem, but thats because it now only comes on at about 7500rpm and a brake pedal switch problem, you can clear them too which is good

I'll post a review when it eventually turns up, I think its still lost in the xmas post somewhere lol

I think the christmas fairy must have read my post, got home from work and there it was :D

Do you guys email Henk directly or PM on here?

Whereabouts does this connect up in your glovebox? Is it in the snap-off panel at the back?

Also, is it the universal connector or a Renault-only one?

Whereabouts does this connect up in your glovebox? Is it in the snap-off panel at the back?

Also, is it the universal connector or a Renault-only one?

its under the ash tray/change pot and its a OBDII Port which most modern cars have, mind you I wouldn't go testing it with other cars unless Henk says its ok

Ah right so, in the pic it looked like it was in the glovebox lol.

I ask because a workmate has some generic software on his laptop and recorded data the other day on his for his Beemer. Thought, I might give it a go on mine.

RS RIP

nope ; dutch guy over here got the last one....

we will all have to wait till january

172 Cup
the interface box only works with RStuner software

i tried using my box and cable on my mates saxo with saxo software but it wouldnt connect, an email to henk confirmed its for rstuner only.

for the latest calibration file you need to email henk and he will send a copy to you.