ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Another RSTuner review :)

172 Cup
RSTuner 1.5 is now out to download from the website.
Update is the Performance Analyser.
I put a weight in of 1144kg, car 1021kg, me 100kg, fuel 23kg.
did first run in 2nd, got 133kw and 200nm
did a run in 3rd, got 114kw and 199nm
did another run in 2nd, got 113kw and 175nm
so pretty random results

The Performance Analyzer gives consistent results. The shown values at the bottom of the screen are peak values.
Better to look at the graph itself.
Also you may need to apply the XP patch described in the manual, which results in more logging samples taken from the car. Improving accuracy.

Greeny.

ClioSport Club Member
  440i + 182
Just played around with mine again tonight! Need to take it out for a good run :D

172 Cup
The Performance Analyzer gives consistent results. The shown values at the bottom of the screen are peak values.
Also you may need to apply the XP patch described in the manual, which results in more logging samples taken from the car. Improving accuracy.

what setting do i need it on henk? ive just changed it from 8ms to 4ms, will that do or do i need to change it to 1ms?
cheers
dez

BMW M135i
Question for people that have ordered them, did you get charged any tax as they come from out of the country?

Also pricing it up comes to £190odd, how have people got them for £120 delivered?

Megane 2 GT 165
As I understood before, rev-limiter can be set for a few different gears. (If it is a easy job for Henk I don't know) (can't be done yourself I think)

Since I have my remap from henk in november I haven't touched my rev-limiter (7800) I change gear between 6000-7000 I guess.

what setting do i need it on henk? ive just changed it from 8ms to 4ms, will that do or do i need to change it to 1ms?
cheers
dez

2ms may give some better results, but more important are the outside conditions and road surface. See manual.

Greeny.

ClioSport Club Member
  440i + 182
Question for people that have ordered them, did you get charged any tax as they come from out of the country?

Also pricing it up comes to £190odd, how have people got them for £120 delivered?

Fastchip
Price per Unit (piece): €168,00 (including 19 % tax)

Live rates at 2008.02.14 11:25:30 UTC

168.00 EUR = 124.640 GBP

Euro United Kingdom Pounds 1 EUR = 0.741903 GBP 1 GBP = 1.34789 EUR

Coby.

ClioSport Club Member
  XC60-R.......V40-R
Wish i had any computer Skills and trusted myself enough to do this as it is a Massive saving compared to remap by GDI Etc.

Wanna help me out Dan ;)

come ve to my place I will do it for you for free youll get a nice cup of coffe and it is done !! you also can bring some cheese from Holland cause thats where I am.

Greeny.

ClioSport Club Member
  440i + 182
hehe!

You might well get better results with a custom remap from RSTuning etc but thats going to be double the cost as well.

This gr_N map is just generic but works fine for milds mods

Coby.

ClioSport Club Member
  XC60-R.......V40-R
Sounds good, I'll wait for the GF to Buy a better Laptop and then steal it and Buy the software

172 Cup
2ms may give some better results, but more important are the outside conditions and road surface. See manual.

thanks, can you point me in the direction of the manual, cos the one I have doesnt mention anything about the performance analyser or the usb mouse settings.

JW

ITB 172 Cup & 197 FF
Just read through this and it sounds like a good mod.

I have never been a fan of preset maps like "Super Chips" and "Grp N" etc. as every car is different.

But you make the maps yourself to the requirements of everyones cars?

At the moment i have ITG Panel filter, De-cat and GDI exhaust. Car is mainly used for track.

I assume you could make a map up for these mods then?

Also would this be any use if i was to upgrade to cams... For eg. Could you make a map up to work with them?

And what about throttle bodies?

Thanks,

Jamie.

Greeny.

ClioSport Club Member
  440i + 182
I belive Henk can only do so much without having your car infront of him but the generic gr_N ecu and config file works well with normal mild mods such as cat-back system/filter/de-cat. He has created a map for a customer with a ph1 for cams and I belive the owner is very happy with it :)

Ill post my results when I get my car on a RR in a couple of months.

End of the day its around £140 posted which is still under half the price of a normal generic group_N map from the main tuners.

BMW M135i

Fastchip

168.00 EUR = 124.640 GBP

Yes but as you add it to basket it adds tax and shipping to the uk, so ends up at 189euro + 27.14euro tax which ends up as £160? Or is the tax included and they just tell you how much so it works out to £140 shipped?

And did you get done for VAT by customs when it came into the country?

He has created a map for a customer with a ph1 for cams and I belive the owner is very happy with it

No problem for me to make a good map without me actually sitting in the car.
The car owner needs to perform the datalogging so that I can tweek the .cal accordingly.

PH1 172
Fastchip

168.00 EUR = 124.640 GBP

Yes but as you add it to basket it adds tax and shipping to the uk, so ends up at 189euro + 27.14euro tax which ends up as £160? Or is the tax included and they just tell you how much so it works out to £140 shipped?

Very interested in purchasing one myself as they do sound like a very good buy.......but like bmh.01 asks, what is the total price every paid for theirs to be delievered as I don't want to pay say £140 and then get snagged by import tax.......

Very interested in purchasing one myself as they do sound like a very good buy.......but like bmh.01 asks, what is the total price every paid for theirs to be delievered as I don't want to pay say £140 and then get snagged by import tax.......

Just received mine this week, went for the RSTuner Pro package, which worked out to be just under £180 delivered. No customs / import tax charges as we are in Europe.

PH1 172

Just received mine this week, went for the RSTuner Pro package, which worked out to be just under £180 delivered. No customs / import tax charges as we are in Europe.

So Matt you went for the one up from most people on here,which allows you to customise your own maps yeah?

So Matt you went for the one up from most people on here,which allows you to customise your own maps yeah?

Sort of, the PRO package allows you one credit for a custom map produced by Henk.

For this to work you need to run the datalogging software while you drive the car. With this information Henk can produce your custom remap.

Greeny.

ClioSport Club Member
  440i + 182
7MAT you dont need the pro for that, all the pro does is allow YOU the user to create your own maps or edit current ones. Its a different device from the normal rstuner. Doesnt it? :p

Ahh i stand corrected! :D The Pro kit is new to me :)

LOL - It took me a little while and a few emails to Henk to understand the difference between the two packages. Although I think Henk has recently updated his site to make it a bit easier to understand.

Greeny.

ClioSport Club Member
  440i + 182
Yeah its all good, I tell you what isnt though, these 2 threads going on about RSTuner, very confusing :p