ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Another set of Trophy Recaros

Trader Rating - 100%
10   0   0
  Golf R
when i crashed mine and the wood came through the car it caused a similar 'nick' in the seat...

i'd guess the car has been through a hedge/fence into a ditch/field based on the dirt all over that seat.

BUT, that is me second guessing lol

Trader Rating - 0%
0   0   0
  RB 182 with CUP packs
They look rotten!!!

I don't think I'd want the seats if they had been in a big accident tbh.

Trader Rating - 100%
10   0   0
  Golf R
for those interested in the seats, this is the explanation coming from a mate of the guy who's Trophy it was :

"I thought I would get this in to save face for my mate. Some of you keen eyed members might see the recaros on ebay, with trophy number 495 on them, sadly this happened in february, foggy night, unmarked t junction, 30mph slide into a stupidly deep ditch, we didn't think they were going to write it off, but they did. Just one of those things."

Trader Rating - 0%
0   0   0
  Lotus Elise 111R
for those interested in the seats, this is the explanation coming from a mate of the guy who's Trophy it was :

"I thought I would get this in to save face for my mate. Some of you keen eyed members might see the recaros on ebay, with trophy number 495 on them, sadly this happened in february, foggy night, unmarked t junction, 30mph slide into a stupidly deep ditch, we didn't think they were going to write it off, but they did. Just one of those things."

Wonder if the ditch was full of water!

Trader Rating - 100%
42   0   0
  320d
He's selling the boot lid in another auction and the spoiler is damaged so its taken a good hit, probably smashed the windows and been stood in a yard for weeks waiting to clear with the rain pouring in on the seats

Trader Rating - 100%
3   0   0
  M2 Competition
How would they be bent if its just gone into a ditch? Just looks like water damage to me. The small nicks not a problem. Anyone know how well they'd clean up from that state?

Trader Rating - 100%
10   0   0
  Golf R
How would they be bent if its just gone into a ditch? Just looks like water damage to me. The small nicks not a problem. Anyone know how well they'd clean up from that state?

they look like they've been rubbed over with a damp cloth tbh in them pictures... i should imagine with a bit of seat cleaning product they'll not come up too bad.

the guy on cliotrophy didn't mention anything about the car being rolled mind you... just a relatively low speed crash straight on into a ditch

Trader Rating - 100%
10   0   0
  Golf R
in actual fact, just remembered that the guy who's trophy these seats came from is now considering buying a Cup and then buying these seats to go into it... if he is gonna do that he must think they're alright

Trader Rating - 100%
10   0   0
  Golf R
personally though, if you're serious about buying them i'd venture and take a looky at them properly.... the pictures make the seats look s**t and they could be that bad when you see them or you could find on closer inspection that they're actually ok.

although nottingham is bloody miles away i know!

also worth mentioning is the small nick in the seat was actually done by a female fingernail and isnt related to the crash either

Trader Rating - 100%
3   0   0
  M2 Competition
Aye, i could easy stitch the seat up properly so it doesnt get any worse.

Going to look at them depends on what the finishing price was, good idea, but waste of petrol if they go for big money.

Trader Rating - 100%
10   0   0
  Golf R
i'd see what he realistically wants for them.... if you're happy with the price, go and see them and do the deal there and then ;)

no bids yet on them which is quite rare... normally everyone pounches straight on the Reacros when they appear

i reckon about 450/500 quid for these ones based on the condition in the pictures