ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Another trackday question

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
Initial plans were to get a spare set of 4 oz 15" alloys with 888's on, that way i can swap them over at the trackday, weather dependant etc. My spare set of wheels turned up before and they look spot on, so im thinking buy a new set or tyres to go on those which will be road legal and be really good on track? Is there such a tyre? Currently ive got Hankook V12's which are good but would like more grip. I dont want to spend mega money aswell. Cheers guys

Dan.

Ph2 Clio 172
The Federal 595 RS-R is great. Harder than the Toyo R1R yet gives just as much grip, meaning they last longer. And they are cheap too, if you can get hold of them.

They are great on the road in the dry, as you would expect, and in the wet they are good as a normal budget road tyre.

A set will be going on mine soon.

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
Cheers guys. Ive heard good stuff about the RSR tyre will have a nosey around. Guessing the usual culprits, black circle, my tyres, camskill etc?

Ph2 Clio 172
Camskill are out of stock. Blackcircles don't have them. Deamon Tweaks have them at £80 and Tyre Trader has them at £81.

My Tyres used to have them at £63 a few months back, but now they have gone from their site and I emailed them the other day and they said they don't supply them :)S).

All the above is for 195/50/R15.

Something worth knowing when you go to get them fitted, they have reinforced side walls, meaning they don't flex much. Great when hammering around a track, not so great for getting them fitted to your wheels. Let the fitters know they will need plenty of lube and expect lots of swearing :)