ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

ANOTHER tricky question

One with a few more
Okay, heres one for you
What the part (connector) I need to buy for my mk1 172 setas to go into my mk2 ph2 car?!
And is it just a simple case of wiring?

One with a few more
i know an adapter is unlikely
just wondered about the actual connector and the action of wiring into it. i mean in case it has a specific order

Djw John

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep
Just get some normal connectors from maplins or similar. With the battery disconnected cut the blocks off and hook the cables up. Cant help with the colours cos mine is a mk2 ph1.

If you use any existing wiring the SERV/ABS light will come on often.
Best use some decent connectors over the std ones!

One with a few more
Day said:
If you use any existing wiring the SERV/ABS light will come on often.
Best use some decent connectors over the std ones!

How you mean decent? renault ones?
my light comes on all the time

Yeah, the Renault connectors are crap. You would think that issues on the first Mk2's would of been rectified 8 years later but no...

I'm no electrical expert but I'm sure at a decent hour you will get more suitable suggestions ;)

One with a few more
so it wont matter which bit goes where? as such?
I dont have the seats yet bt once i do I will post some pics, just to be sure

As for chopping bits of wire off etc be careful as the airbag circuits are heavily dependant upon resistance to check they are working properly. Dodgy connections/shortening or lengthening looms can cause the airbag control unit to flag a fault and bring up the light on the dash. Wherever possible i'd use the correct connections and try not to chop looms about.

One with a few more
ok, well, i know i do need a new connection. so if i bought a loom/connector off renault? hopefully shouldnt need to cut much - but i dont know!!