ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Anthracite 182 Wheels (Sprayed)

Lionel Richie

dealers wont do it, its done in the manufacturing process when the weels are made

manufactuers either powder coat or wet spray the wheels in the factory

if you want that colour, you have 2 options

buy the wheels off someone whos upgraded theirs

or get yours powder coated (colour wont be exactly 100% the same as the factory wheels, but close)

What ever you do though... DO NOT get your wheels sprayed. 4 weeks down the line, no matter how hard you try there will be chips and flaking in the paint and it makes the whole car look tatty. Powdercoating is the only option imo.

insignia

Quote: Originally posted by covkid on 11 October 2004

What ever you do though... DO NOT get your wheels sprayed. 4 weeks down the line, no matter how hard you try there will be chips and flaking in the paint and it makes the whole car look tatty. Powdercoating is the only option imo.
My freind had his done.Hes had his 4 mths and they havent flaked off & chipped??? So dont think this is true.

Has he had the wheels off at all since they were done? Coz ive had 2 sets of wheels sprayed in the last 12 months. Both had 3 coats of primer, 3 coats of paint, and 4 coats of laquer and both sets showed flaking within 1 month. And both sets were refurbed and sprayed by a proffesional outfit.

Also remember that when you have new tyres, how do they get the tyre onto the rim without scraping paint off? Even the most compitant tyre fitters are going have trouble.

KDF

Audi TT Stronic

There is a set of 182 wheels on e-bay just now if your willing to pay about £500.

Hi all

Any body know where to have there Anthracite wheels powder coated as ive tried to tried to spray mine (they do flake) and i made a good job of them but i would like them professionally sorted

East Midlands area

Cheers

rofl, talk about digging up old posts!

And for the above post, contact Fred on here i have forgotten his email but im sure someone reading this now knows it and can post it!

172 M69 eater

mailto:fatblota@hotmail.com">fatblota@hotmail.com for fred...

oh and i sprayed mine and they are still fine... no flakes!