ClioSport.net

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

  • When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Anti roll bar differences 172 and 1.6 16v....

M

mini-valver

I know this is the wrong section, but no one looks in the others and I need it sorting ASAP.

Gonna order Powerflex wishbone and AR bar bushes BUT K-tec do the 2 sets for a decent price listed for the 172. The wishbone bushes are the same but are the anti roll bars the same diameter??

Cheers :cool:
 
Think the 172 one is a thicker bar and the moutings on the wishbone are different. They're clamped rather than a bolted droplink.
 
When I look them up on Tweeks the Anti roll bar bushes are lised as "19 inc 16v and clio 2 inc 172" Confused. Is that all mark 2's inc Rs's? Or just 172's?
 
Yeah same! I need the outer's too as my bolt set-up ones are nailed!

How hard is buying bushes for god sake! Anyone got diaologys that can check the part numbers for AR bar bushes?
 
its wider also.... would have to fit the full 172 running gear to fit one

But you could use williams stuff iirc... to save changing the hubs and brakes



Edit... ignore me lol.. just read the opening post.. DOH!!
 
Last edited:
I just need to find bushes that fit my AR really, inner and outer. Are Williams ones the same, mount wise and diameter wise?
 
Williams bushes if it helps. Clamp type outer ARB, far right.

DSCN4030.webp
 
I have a 23mm outer bush (clamp type) for sale if anyone wants it £6 delivered

Waiting to hear from mini about it though as I pm'd him
 
Yeah just read your PM dude, mine is different! Orered wishbone and inner ARB bushes for now.

Mine uses a 23mm ARB if anyone needs to know, lol.
 
Yeah, just a pin through the ARB and wishbone then a bush and bolt underneath on the outer ends!
 
I'll see if someone can cross reference the OEM part numbers for the end links on diolagys. If their the same, I'll order some Powerflex ones!
 
ok, both valver (C57D) and a CB0T which is a K4M show up as using the same bushes and bolts for the droplinks

777 00 799 404 SUPPORT A/BOX £4.72

77 03 034 037 USE7701417221P30 £1.49

(per side)



except my copy of dialogys says its a 24mm ARB!
 
Cheers dude, I'll see if I can find some powerflex valver outers then. When I measured last night, I got 23mm!
 
The ph2 1.6s are CB1D and as the dynamique 1.4 and 1.6s got "sports" suspension I think the arbs increased in size.

The 1.6 arb is 100% 24mm or at least the bushes are.
 
Fitted the ARB bushes tonight after getting 24mm ones on you lads' recomendation and Im convinced they're too big. They feel quite loose on the ARB and when tightened fully in the U claps on the subframe it creates a small gap above and below the bar in the bush. Cant be right, surely?
 
Back
Top