ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Anti virus recommendations?

Clio 182 FF cup'd
Hey guys its that time of the year for me when the dreaded anti virus subscription has expired and McAfee want £40 to renew it for another year! :S

Personally i would rather fill the 182 up and go for a drive so anybody got any cheaper suggestion or recommendations what anti virus is the best out there? Free or not.. Help appreciated :)

1.2 16v clio
I use avast the free version does more then enough and doesnt slow your system down like norton or mcaffe

182 Trophy #333
i get this question all the time, almost daily infact!

Avast or AVG if you want a decent free one!

If you want a paid for one then check out ESET NOD32, possibly one of the best on the market but its main selling point is the absolutely tiny system footprint it has, therefore it wont slow your system down as much as alot of the other ones!

but really, why pay, just get avast or AVG

sbridgey

ClioSport Club Member
  disco 4, 182, Meglio
if you have barclays online banking you can download a free 3 user licence of Kaspersky which is a very good one

Honda. Tesla Someday
Kaspersky has been rated the best anti-virus and internet security for years. I've only ever used kaspersky, its NEVER let me down. It also uses bloodhound technology to detect viruses which arent even in the virus database.

Once installed, you will notice a very small slowdown on your machine whilst Kaspersky configures itself, once thats done, its smooth sailing.

As above, free 3 user license if you have a Barclays internet banking account is the deal of the century! Do it!

If not Kaspersky, my second option would be Eset NOD32.

R27 427/500 ALBI
After dealing with this day to day let me tell you .... you get what you pay for.

Free AV is free for a reason more open to risk ,

I would look at kaspersky you can pick it up for around £23 for 3 machines for a year, very good anti virus.

If anyone knows anything about machines you will also understand about the risks you take , If you use a paid AV your less likely to get infected due to the ammount of updates and databases you are able to download.

lrj

Clio II Ph1 1.4 16v
Definitely. There are a lot less viruses for Mac than for PC, but they do exist. Every platform probably has at least 1 virus written for it; PC, Mac, Linux, RISC OS, all the different mobile devices.

riz

ClioSport Club Member
  Jaguar XFR
Definitely. There are a lot less viruses for Mac than for PC, but they do exist. Every platform probably has at least 1 virus written for it; PC, Mac, Linux, RISC OS, all the different mobile devices.

Oh Ok what should i be looking at?