ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Any 1 close jc6 m5 with a clip need help and happy to pay

Clio , Leon, r6 yam
Currently repairing a cat c Clio for the wife. It only had a light tap at the front, no airbags deployed, but after plenty of reading on this forum and google etc I understand there could be numerous faults with pretensioners etc. I have cut out switches ect under seats and used resistors 3.3 under seats and 3.9 in steering wheel etc. I have also put a replacement module under the drinks holder and still getting the airbag/serv lights staying on the dash. I'm thinking the impact sensors along the sills might of had it or the squib, only 2 areas left.(or the replacement module might have an error code as it was 2nd hand so 3 areas) My problem is that the Clio is not on the road yet (bit of paintwork left which ill do in the next 2 days as i got a week off work but shes ready for mot apart from airbag light) so I have to have any diagnosis done here at my house. There's plenty of mobile diagnosis people around at cost but none with clip or any1 that specializes in Clio. I'd rather pay some1 that specializes in this area than some random mobile diagnosis who gives me fault codes then I replace bits n bobs and then still need some1 with clip probably to sort after parts have been replaced ect. If there is any1 here that can help it would be much appreciated, I'm happy to pay traveling, time, skills ect just need this problem nipped in the but as its knocking the wind out my sails a bit. Pls help also there is evidence the airbag light fault was there before the light tap as I found some wires/fuses/resistors under the cup holders so it looks like some1 was going to try something.

172 Cup & K20 Ph1
Maybe I'm speaking out of place here and could even be wrong about my assumption (if so, apologies), but if I was repairing a car for my wife to be in, I'd make sure the airbags/pretensioners were working perfectly as a top priority; not bodged with resistors to get rid of fault lights. Most of us who have used resistors do so because we've fitted aftermarket seats/harnesses/steering wheels therefore making the old equipment redundant.

Clio , Leon, r6 yam
Maybe I'm speaking out of place here and could even be wrong about my assumption (if so, apologies), but if I was repairing a car for my wife to be in, I'd make sure the airbags/pretensioners were working perfectly as a top priority; not bodged with resistors to get rid of fault lights. Most of us who have used resistors do so because we've fitted aftermarket seats/harnesses/steering wheels therefore making the old equipment redundant.

Fair point and from what I read and with what I got to work with I'm going through a process of elimination before throwing large amounts of cash at the car. The car is a cat c is not road legal requires an mot before I can have a Vic test done then I can apply for log book. This all takes time, the mrs won't be in it for a while. Now taking the dodgy connectors out from under the seat is trying to eliminate common problems that I have read up about and hoping to find the problem before having to pay for help. That's all, the airbag light is slowing down this project and yes whilst paper work is going through after mot, Vic test then things will be corrected before the wife uses it as a school runner.

are you able to offer any help or would you know somebody that can pls ? Ty for ur time.

172 Cup & K20 Ph1
Am afraid I'm nowhere near to you, but what I suggest you do is try and replace all of the wiring correctly and get the Airbag "ECU" reset (if possible). Like your original post, get it onto CLIP to see whether your airbag unit has been deployed before and go from there

Clio , Leon, r6 yam
Thanks for ur advice. Putting back to norm is str8 forward, take out resistors and plug back in. Not a problem. Still need some1 with a clip so if any1 about pls help.

Maxi Megane and 182
You don't need a clip to turn off airbag lights. I have an Autel 703 code reader that has turned off many clio airbag lights. The crash computer module can be reset by someone like ecudecode in westbury who do mine for £45 they do mail order.

MicKPM

ClioSport Trader
  Clio16v/Zoe Z.E.50
What I believe they're saying Bruce (hello BTW) is that CLIP is the best option as it will categorically state that the SRS Module is in fact okay or not.

I know other bits of kit are "strong" on the Renaults but you will never beat the OE tool on any marque IMO.

What I think is the problem here is the module you have replaced is mis-configured and needs setting up correctly.

Mick

Clio , Leon, r6 yam
Thanks mick. Yes it's somebody with a clip that I'm after as from what I've read I believe the module/airbag ecu if it is at fault can be configured using a clip and my best chance/quickest option would be this way.

Westfield, 182, 200
Fixed a couple of Renault airbag faults recently, there's a switch that detects the driver's seat is not pushed forward to let a rear passenger in that can play up and have had a faulty passenger inhibit switch.

Have also replaced a side impact sensor, pretty sure these aren't 3 ohms, more like 1 meg ohm.

Clip is best, but for detecting whether an air bag or side impact sensor is faulty, an autel 703 works fine. First time i fault founa Clio airbag fault I ran a meter down the plug of the ecu with a wiring diagram I had-found the faulty sensor too!

​Ian.

Clio , Leon, r6 yam
Sort of sorted on this noŵ my systems all good apart from 2nd hand module so sending of for reset etc. cheers for all help and advice, much appreciated.