ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

any 172/182 owners in bristol/bath?

i invite you to have a drive in my mk1 172 to reasure me that its fine( ive had it 2 weeks),
as me thinks its way down on power for 170BHP car, i reckon the clutch has had it,
and i reckon the engine mounts have had it, the brakes have definatley
had it, and theres what sounds to be a bird under the bonnet that
'tweets' past 5k revs, i just need a second opinion from someone whos had a bit more experiance than i and some advice on
if this is how they are or if its fooked - i obviously dont want to take it
to a garage, 9/10 they always f**k it up

anybody in Brizzle/bath?

or recomend someone i can go to in bristolbath area

sound

YNWA

Mazda MX5 1.8
im from nr bath but dont have a 172 so thats not much use

if u want a decent garage take a trip down to carlton in exmouth...... WEB LINK contact clarkiev6 on here for further details

well worth the trip imo

i have a 172 and am part of the 2 strong local rep type team in the area, if you want me to have a drive in it let me know, based in the yate area.

cool ok, i just reckon it aint right but i dont want to take it to garages as ive
been burnt to a sinder on past motors.

Do you have a meet in this area? im in north Bristol just off top of ring road

we do yeh but have not had one for a while due to shows and so on. where abouts are you based as i will be going on the ring road after 6 ish tonite in the gf's gti just to check it over, could meet up ?

i use that ring road every fookin day man, does my head in but the roundabouts are good! I normally zoom up it at around 6ish aswell. so i could def. meet you there tonight,
but need to be in filton for 7. 106 GTI? my car before this and i reckon that was quicker (chipped, decat filter e.t.c) that cant be right can it?

ok sounds good.

yeh 106 gti, standard except for a zorst and a k&n. power to weight wise there is every possiblitly that it was faster than ur 172 yeh.

yeah sainsbury mate ill tx you when i get there, im leaving bath now so will get there for about 6ish mate, sorry for yall reading dis s**t on a forum! but if you want summut to chat about, lets have it right:

Modded

yeah sainsbury mate ill tx you when i get there, im leaving bath now so will get there for about 6ish mate, sorry for yall reading dis s**t on a forum! but if you want summut to chat about, lets have it right:

Modded 106GTI vs 172 standard

Last edited:
rite well just putting the gti back together inside and will be there about 6.10-6.20 ish ok bud ?