ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

any 182 trip computer problems?

Black/Gold 182
A couple of times my low fuel warning light has come on and the mileage to go on the trip computer shows ---, but the gauge still shows nearly a quarter of a tank.

Both times after filling up it seems to be OK again (and judging by how much fuel I got in there really was a 1/4 of a tank in there already). Just a gremlin or is my trip computer packing up?

Black/Gold 182
no you misunderstand, the light came on and the trip went --- BUT I still had a quarter of tank left (so prob 70 mile). 2nd time it's done it...

Maybe I'll just keep an eye on it ...

Black/Gold 182
yeah probably you're right. It's just it's a bit intermittent and not doing every time (I'm sure the Renault muppets will just "can't find nuffin wrong mate")

182 w/busted splitter :-(
The digital trip computer and the analogue fuel gauge are fed by two different sender units; I always find that when the 'reserve' light comes on, the Trip computer displays "---" for the 'remaining' mileage in my 182.

I've also found that the analogue fuel gauge is a bit erratic; when I fill up, it stays pegged to the top of the gauge, once I've done about thirty miles it then drops to the 3/4 tank mark, although in each case the "digital" trip computer seems more accurate.

I also find the fuel gauge sometimes seems to say there's more in the tank than the trip computer occasionally!

If in doubt and you've got warranty remaining then get your local dealer to check it out (they can test the sender unit easily apparently) but I'm sure I've read of similar issues on here before!

FN2 Type R +MK6 Golf
Were you flying round a bend.You may of fooled it into thinking there was nothing left in the tank

ian

Black/Gold 182
nope - same when stationary. Trip computer said empty, gauge said quarter left. I could only get £31 in to full so I think the gauge was correct and there really was 1/4 in there.

My gauge is also extremely nonlinear like chriscl's above.