ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Any Clio 200 owners?

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
Oh right....

Impressive times for the 200.

Strange that the 182 cup was slighty quicker then the trophy though.
Loved my Trophy, but did struggle putting the power down compared to the 182 due to the extra stiffness. Standard ph2 172, best looking version though! And yours is much improved;)

197 F1 R27
Welcome to denial;). 10mph greater apex speed over the same 2 corners at Bedford. Thats a hell of a difference. Much like the ph2 172, the 197 will be seen as the runt of this gen Clio in years to come.

:lolup::lolup::lolup::lolup: Hahahaha :lolup::lolup::lolup::lolup:

Rubbish.

That's your own opinion and not shared by 197 owners, 197 admirers and most press reviews.

The phase 2 172 is far from a runt either, it is massively popular still today.

:dead::dead::dead::dead: Get a life LOL :dead::dead::dead::dead:

Rb182cup+s2 rallye
theyll all go to s**t one day its how it works but the williams will always sit on top as the daddy. :p

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
Eat your words;)

44, 197 lap in the WET!

http://www.fastestlaps.com/track49.html

197 2 secs slower over a lap in the WET, must be all down to the driver:quiet:
Thats out of date fella. When they changed the configuration of the circuit evo took a stack of cars over. Dry and hot day, drove the 197cup straight after the Trophy. The Trophy was something ridiculous like 0.2s quicker. The 200 ruins them both, I can't wait to have a drive.

197 F1 R27
Thats out of date fella. When they changed the configuration of the circuit evo took a stack of cars over. Dry and hot day, drove the 197cup straight after the Trophy. The Trophy was something ridiculous like 0.2s quicker. The 200 ruins them both, I can't wait to have a drive.

Ohhh oohhh aahhh ahhh ohh its 0.2 quicker ohh my god I think I'm gonna pee my pants!!

Get a life!! :dead:

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
:lolup::lolup::lolup::lolup: Hahahaha :lolup::lolup::lolup::lolup:

Rubbish.

That's your own opinion and not shared by 197 owners, 197 admirers and most press reviews.

The phase 2 172 is far from a runt either, it is massively popular still today.
There's a shock.
The ph2 172 is the runt of the range you fool, not a runt full stop. Still a great hot hatch but for the mk2 clio's
Tropy>182>172ph1>172ph2. Ergo, runt of the range.

seb

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio trophy
Stevo_Nimbus_R27 stop being such an idiot. you're the guy who thinks his 197 does like 40mpg. pmsl.

197 F1 R27
There's a shock.
The ph2 172 is the runt of the range you fool, not a runt full stop. Still a great hot hatch but for the mk2 clio's
Tropy>182>172ph1>172ph2. Ergo, runt of the range.

:lolup::lolup::lolup:Hahahah :sleepy::sleepy::sleepy: ZZZZZZ

Ohh ahh it's a runt my life is so complete now I know the order of heirarchy!

God I wish I was clever enough to know that!! :dead::dead::dead::dead:

197 F1 R27
Stevo i think you're missing the point tbh.

Yeah I am missing the point but I wouldn't call a 172 Sport or a 197 a runt based on a margain of speed around a track.

Besides I havn't got the time or inclination to read into all the detail of this as I have better things to do.

Runt is definately not a word I would use though.

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
Yeah I am missing the point but I wouldn't call a 172 Sport or a 197 a runt based on a margain of speed around a track.

Besides I havn't got the time or inclination to read into all the detail of this as I have better things to do.

Runt is definately not a word I would use though.
FFs, runt relative to the rest of the range, not a runt full stop dude.

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
People are banging on how quick this 200 is, but what 3 bhp more than a slow 197 ;)

Think some journo's have woke up and smelt the coffee tbh......

Night and day from the 197, according to numerous reviews. EVO included.

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
Night and day from the 197, according to numerous reviews. EVO included.
They won't listen! Even Mr Trophy (ie, me) is admitting that, at the moment, it appears the 200 is a big step up from the Trophy. I'm pretty sure the drive will confirm this.

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
LOL. I know, i've read the last few pages. I chuckled.

Now if they could only sort the goofy front end, i'd be a little bit tempted. I might go for a fling in one soon though, to judge for myself.

My mate's a manager at St. Helens Renault, so hopefully he'd have a word so I could have a "proper" go in one.

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
LOL. I know, i've read the last few pages. I chuckled.

Now if they could only sort the goofy front end, i'd be a little bit tempted. I might go for a fling in one soon though, to judge for myself.

My mate's a manager at St. Helens Renault, so hopefully he'd have a word so I could have a "proper" go in one.
Call me on the cell, I'd quite happily travel for a decent strop in one. Bit like a brunette though, best approached from behind.

197 F1 R27
FFs, runt relative to the rest of the range, not a runt full stop dude.

Mmmm and I was calling a spade a spade..:sleepy:

I wander if I would look such a fool if I took your advice and approached Renault at Silverstone next weekend and said I thought that the 172 Sport and 197 were "the runt of the range".

What do you recon?

Hixle

Hi Kiss Luke E****
ClioSport Club Member
  E90 M3
Mmmm and I was calling a spade a spade..:sleepy:

I wander if I would look such a fool if I took your advice and approached Renault at Silverstone next weekend and said I thought that the 172 Sport and 197 were "the runt of the range".

What do you recon?

Give it a rest mate, you're getting boring tbh. It's not what Warren's saying at all.

I really like the 200 now tbh, pity it looks like the offspring of a frog and Preditor. ;)

I'd still have one in a flash if I could though.

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
Give it a rest mate, you're getting boring tbh. It's not what Warren's saying at all.

I really like the 200 now tbh, pity it looks like the offspring of a frog and Preditor. ;)

I'd still have one in a flash if I could though.
Exactly. It's like saying a basic 3 series with cloth interior is the runt of the range. Still a great car, but the comment holds true.
It looks hideous, but that wouldn't put me off.

Lee

BMW M2C
After driving one briefly at Trax I got a price for one at the weekend. The price was a little out of sensible reach unfortunately.

Lee

BMW M2C
What were your impressions?

I only got to rag round a parade area, so I didn't get out of second gear. lol

With both damper and spring rates up considerably over the 197 Cup, it corners flat, very flat. I'd imagine it's more uncomfortable on the road than my Trophy was though. People often comment at how harsh the ride in the Cup is and that's not as stiff as the Trophy was!!

I'll get one if I can. lol Same spec as I already have of course.

Steve

ClioSport Club Member
  ST3 8.5
All i'll say is the runt is more fun down my favourite roads than the supposed best RS the Trophy.
Try thowing in some serious braking & the 172/182 just melt.

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
All i'll say is the runt is more fun down my favourite roads than the supposed best RS the Trophy.
Try thowing in some serious braking & the 172/182 just melt.
Fair enough, the only person that needs to enjoy your car is you. But, every neutral review I've read when they've gone head to head has come out in the Trophy's favour. I don't understand the big issue that people have with other people's opinion of a car?

197 F1 R27
Runt LOL

Next time someone comes up to me and says how awesome my R27 looks and sounds I'll tell them...

"yeah but it doesn't matter how good it looks or goes because a man on here tells me it's a fraction slower around the track than the new model so it should be referred to as the runt of the range and I need to be in denial because of that"

HAHAHA

seb

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio trophy
iirc it is your gf's though stevo?

autocar gave the 197 5 stars and said it was ''the hot hatch prosche would make if they did'' or words to that effect. it was chris harris reviewing.

so basically the 197 pwns. lol

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
iirc it is your gf's though stevo?

autocar gave the 197 5 stars and said it was ''the hot hatch prosche would make if they did'' or words to that effect. it was chris harris reviewing.

so basically the 197 pwns. lol
Just shows how much opinions differ. Best example being the FRS, average or epic depending on where you look.

seb

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio trophy
it is great isn't it.

people who own or have owned trophy think they are better, people who own 197 think they are better, people who own 200 think they are the best.

shock horror!! LOL