ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Any Clio 200 owners?

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
it is great isn't it.

people who own or have owned trophy think they are better, people who own 197 think they are better, people who own 200 think they are the best.

shock horror!! LOL
You missed out Vee owners. IIRC, they believe it's the greatest car of any kind, ever. Need boot space? Buy 2!

GTD, Lupo
This thread is ace, made me reconsider paying my membership fee. Some people need to grow up a little and chill.

The orignial post was about "are there any 200 owners". Not "I'm a little bitter cos I have the older model Clio".

Paul

M2 Competition
it is great isn't it.

people who own or have owned trophy think they are better, people who own 197 think they are better, people who own 200 think they are the best.

shock horror!! LOL

And then we grow up and buy Bmw's ;)

Titanium 182
I'm perfectly happy with my 182 but the R27 felt epic to drive as well.

Arguing over such little margins is a tad pointless.

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
^ I wouldn't bother, Stevo

Anything after the 197 is a downgrade, surely.

"Keep your Zonda, thanks."

197 F1 R27
^ I wouldn't bother, Stevo

Anything after the 197 is a downgrade, surely.

"Keep your Zonda, thanks."

Try not to get too upset about the fact that I love the 200 and also about the fact that the 197 is a superb drivers cars.

I'll probaby get a Nissan 370z next or perhaps an Range Rover Sport when the kids arrive :rasp:

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
Try not to get too upset about the fact that I love the 200 and also about the fact that the 197 is a superb drivers cars.

I'll probaby get a Nissan 370z next or perhaps an Range Rover Sport when the kids arrive :rasp:
I 'think' Stevo's trying to tell us he has monies in a 'subtle' way. Nice move sport!

Lee

BMW M2C
This is an interesting thread with a nice balance of baiting and bitterness. Why the f**k do any of you really care?

Liquid Yellow 197 F1
This thread makes me laugh alot. Its fairly off topic too.

I have an R27 to, and love driving it and everything about it. But if they made the 200 drive the same as the 197 then whats the point in making it? I would love to see 1 properly and have a drive just to feel the difference in low down torque and handleing.
Technically yes the 197 is the runt of the litter as its the slowest of its generation and doesn't handle as well...but it doesn't make it less fun to drive.

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200

I have an R27 to, and love driving it and everything about it. But if they made the 200 drive the same as the 197 then whats the point in making it? I would love to see 1 properly and have a drive just to feel the difference in low down torque and handleing.
Technically yes the 197 is the runt of the litter as its the slowest of its generation and doesn't handle as well...but it doesn't make it less fun to drive.
Exactly my point. I imagine that when the current Clio is discontinued, the 197 will be the bottom of a good bunch. Still good, just surpassed by the updates, as happened with the Meg, the 172 through to Trophy etc.

Lee

BMW M2C
lol...because its a discussion forum :rolleyes: and we all need something to talk about lol

I've yet to see any discusion. Just people repeating the same thing over and over again for 4 pages. Small minded un educated comments not based on any real life experience in a lot of cases. But that's the internet in general to be honest.

Plus it's new Clio time. That works the same every time. Everyone hates it, then the reviews come in and everyone loves it. People seem to find it hard to make a decision themselves.

M2 Competition
I've yet to see any discusion. Just people repeating the same thing over and over again for 4 pages. Small minded un educated comments not based on any real life experience in a lot of cases. But that's the internet in general to be honest.

Plus it's new Clio time. That works the same every time. Everyone hates it, then the reviews come in and everyone loves it. People seem to find it hard to make a decision themselves.

I think you've summed up my feelings, and my comments in most of the 200 thread's to a tee mate.

I think its a good looking car, and a great achievement to take something thats already superb and make it that much faster.

Liquid Yellow 197 F1
Exactly my point. I imagine that when the current Clio is discontinued, the 197 will be the bottom of a good bunch. Still good, just surpassed by the updates, as happened with the Meg, the 172 through to Trophy etc.

Yer precisely (spelling?), i think some people can't accept that their car is going to be out of date and the new 1 be the car that maybe the 197 should have been?

seb

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio trophy
17699125403651280x1024.jpg

looks surprsingly good there imo.

M2 Competition
Stoppit Seb, i really want one :eek:

A mate is getting a liquid 200 sport, and im very close to ordering an Ag cup. I doubt i will in honesty, but at the moment its tempting...

197 F1 R27

Yeah that's true, but as you say the 197 is bound to be less capable than the newer 200. Just like any facelift/update should be!

Some people on here seem to think that there is some sort of denial thing going on!? Perhaps it's them that's in denial...?!

If they bring out a special edition 200 and it looks anything as good as the R27 I would certainly like to own one.

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
Stoppit Seb, i really want one :eek:

A mate is getting a liquid 200 sport, and im very close to ordering an Ag cup. I doubt i will in honesty, but at the moment its tempting...
Knowing Renault it'll be worth hanging on 6 months for deals.

seb

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio trophy
yeah AG is my choice too after seeing it at FCS... recaros and black speedlines too.

don't know if i would like a cup or the normal edition. would need A/C too tbh. so would probably list at over 20k lol

Lee

BMW M2C
yeah AG is my choice too after seeing it at FCS... recaros and black speedlines too.

don't know if i would like a cup or the normal edition. would need A/C too tbh. so would probably list at over 20k lol

FCS put me off AG. If it had been a solid colour like RB I'd have loved it.

Last edited:

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200

Lack of steering adjustment would annoy me in the cup. I liked the way you could have plenty of legroom up front in the standard 197, and still have the wheel nice and close.

if your looking at spending over £20k, then it may be worth considering the rs megane or something completely different for that money.

M2 Competition

Im thinking Ag cup, speedlines, recaro's and thats it. Possibly add a rear spoiler in the future, although not seen a 200 with one fitted yet.

Im trying to justify the money at the moment, been offered a cheap 172 cup which should be good fun (and i miss my old one!)

Mate is at the moment going for a normal one, Liquid, speedlines as an after option, black front bumper, recaro's and yellow interior pack thingy.

Should be lush.

seb

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio trophy
i can trust you, i would not be spending over 20k lol it would have ot be far less.

the RS clio is all about bargains...