ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Any Clio 200 owners?

Clio 172
I would love one too! Love that autocar video of it keeping up with a Focus RS round the corners!

So does that mean a ph2 172/182 would handling and braking wise on track?

seb

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio trophy
there is a thread of a new owner with a GW one in media iirc.

Italian 3.2 V6
I don't evn think the new FRS was trying in that vid.. Never the less I dooo love and want the new 200 in LY with cup alloys!!!!! Sexweee fo sho Mo fo!!!!

Italian 3.2 V6
naaa I seriously think if it wanted to it could Of left the 200.. Either the 200 is amzing or the focus rs is over-rated!!

Stats and lap times prove this..

172cup
200 is 1.2 seconds slower around the evo track than the focus. So, yeah the 200 is brilliant being able to keep within sight of the focus which costs double the 200.

My mate gets his on Monday, gutted i am in New York!

missmy257bhp r5/ got evo6
would have the focus just cos the clio still looks like s**t

would prefer to pay the diff than be seen in the 200

heard its a great car but would not want anyone to see me in one

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
People are banging on how quick this 200 is, but what 3 bhp more than a slow 197 ;)

Think some journo's have woke up and smelt the coffee tbh......

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
hmmmm, hardly going to be night and day. I need to drive one i think

clio 172 cup
People are banging on how quick this 200 is, but what 3 bhp more than a slow 197 ;)

+1 love to know the difference on a RR as renaults never meet the power figures,on that vid the focus pulls away then the next screen comes up and the clio is up the focus arse. the focus has 205bhp per tonne and the clio about 165bhp if it really did have 200.
imo i would buy a 10k clio 197 and spend the rest on cams or supercharger or sumit

GTD, Lupo
I would rather the 200 then spend the rest on cams s/c or turbo. 182 looks dated and unless it's a trophy every man and his dog has one. Think some people need to chill a little as they are starting to look a little envious.

Paul

197 F1 R27

Yeah the 197 is just as quick as a 200 but the 200 is obviously gonna have a slight edge on the corners.

I'm glad I saw the light from day one and binned my 172 for an R27 :rasp::rasp:

Arctic Blue 182
they should have told you when y ou bought it. IIRC my mates civic was something like 7k miles .. . . .

GTD, Lupo
No idea renault say 625 to bed everything in. Guess it's just going to be one of them things. Good going doing 1k so far. How are you finding it? Any issues yet ?

Paul

csl,106gti 182 soon
always same with new cars, some look crap but when you get used to em they really start to grow on you.

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
If they were both standard then yes the 197/200 would be the quicker of the two.
200 yes, 197 no. The Trophy was quicker than the 197 at Bedford (and oddly the 182cup quicker still by fractions). The 200 monsters them both, 2sec per lap and 10mph greater apex speed than the 197 over the final 2 corners. It's def a step up.

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200

Welcome to denial;). 10mph greater apex speed over the same 2 corners at Bedford. Thats a hell of a difference. Much like the ph2 172, the 197 will be seen as the runt of this gen Clio in years to come.

Fletcher

ClioSport Club Member
200 yes, 197 no. The Trophy was quicker than the 197 at Bedford (and oddly the 182cup quicker still by fractions). The 200 monsters them both, 2sec per lap and 10mph greater apex speed than the 197 over the final 2 corners. It's def a step up.

Oh right....

Impressive times for the 200.

Strange that the 182 cup was slighty quicker then the trophy though.