ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

any coilover experts?

right boys and girls.

if there is no spring on a coilover and of course it is off the car. if u put your body weight on it to push it down then let it go, should it shoot back to position pretty rapid. or be a more medium steady return pace?

thanx dudes

RenaultSport Clio 172 Mk2
Should be a steady rise back up with hardly any acceleration. My FK struts did this when I fitted them as I had to compress them to get the bottom bolts in.

EDIT - I would guess at a small leak somewhere. Obviously it's not going to do it's proper damping job if it moves too quickly under compression

well my mate has tried to re-build a leaking one. stopped it leaking but its now moving very fast compared to the other one. he's put new seals in and put new oil in too.

any ideas y its got faster? def not leaking

yup he did it mate. now its like a pogo stick. think he may have overfilled perhaps?

how much oil generally do they take?

also yea he's e-mailed them now ben. thanx :)

na there my old ones mark, not my new ones. apart from not having a handbrake cable at the mo, my cars fine.

how would he get rid off the pressure if there's too much?