ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Any Cup Owners Been Stuck In Traffic Last Week/Weekend?

Audi TT 3.2 V6
Are these the 10days of the year cup owners wish they'd gone for a "full fat"

Hehehehe :rasp:

I've enjoyed having the windows down listening to some cool tunes watching the girls admire my good looking car.

It's all good, you take the rough with the smooth.

Can't say it ever bothered me in the Summer months to be honest, and I don't have AC in my new car and have been fine for the past week.

The other half has had air-con in every car she has owned (8 years worth) and has never once switched it on in any of them despite a lengthy commute everyday.

A4 Avant
I must admit I'd miss it when commuting, when going for a back road blast though it's windows down air con off.

A4 DTM/iceberg cup
pah not a requirement.... just some other french bits to eventually go wrong lol. i'd sacrifice it for the old mondial blue anyday...

-J-

RS2'ed 172 Cup
Was stuck in Traffic yesterday for about an hour, although My Cups got CC i dont use it, just rolled the windows down :D

106 GTi
Thought I would miss mine, but driving around in the GTi the last few days, windows down, sunshine roof open all is good!

Insignia for sale
Windows down, so much more fun in the sun. As opposed to sitting in your freezing cold cuccoon with your windows up being anti social!!! :cool:

Glad I don't have a pikey car, the AC saved my life yesterday and kept us cool on the way to the beach. Had to laugh at the people sweating with their windows open.

H&R + Pole Position'd Cup
My cup has CC, but I haven't used the aircon once :/ Too concerned by the petrol consumption and loss of power

Certainly loses power!! Really noticable. Especially when you're accellerating and you switch it on, the car jolts.

But who needs power sat in traffic? And who cares about petrol consumption when you're cool.

Shed.
well my expression was a furnace, went on a cs meet to scraborough last year in the sweltering heat and with no air con it was "diffucult" as i got stuck in traffic. Now ive got a dynamique, i use it quite regularly.

Richyy182

ClioSport Club Member
  BG Clio 182 FF
Thought I would miss mine, but driving around in the GTi the last few days, windows down, sunshine roof open all is good!

why you getting rid of the 182 sorry to go off subject

I need to re gas the air con

does anyone know how much it costs ??

I haven't got air con, don't need or want it, never had it before. First thing I do when driving a car with air con is switch it off.

KDF

Audi TT Stronic
Well I was stuck in a 1.2 courtesy car over the nice weather period, ive never missed my lovely climate controlled air-conned car so much !

Its not even just the air-con though.. having spent 2 weeks with the base model I missed all the extras. Even the climate control as I spent most of the two weeks playing with the fans and temp knobs to try and get it perfect... in my car I just bash in 21 and forget about it !

german
I've enjoyed having the windows down listening to some cool tunes watching the girls admire my good looking car.

But to be fair, the type of girls that admire people playing music and posing in their cars arren't going to able to spot that your car (and 90% of the drivers on here I'll quickly add) is anything but a cheap french small car. Maybe if we were all driving around in Lamborghini's I'd agree with it, but then we'd all be posing c*ocks wouldn't we.

Motorbikes
My air con is always on set nice and cool. Dont like the windows open much when driving above 40mph or so, but sometimes put them down around town. But I suppose air con doesnt affect fuel consumption or power in my diesel.

C-VXR, T8 Map 220BHP
dont use it much. --- but did like having it this weekend as when on a m-way and has a saxo VTR on my arse for a few miles then when we stopped in traffic him and all his mates had sweat pooring of them and i was nice and cool and no a c**k

Last edited:
I havent got it on the punto and not missing it, never really used it on the clio anyway. Windows down, blast down country lanes, cant beat it!

Clio 172 Cup
Nothing wrong with a bit of honest sweat. My cup now smells like a real French car. Onion Bhajis anyone :D

172 Cup
I have climate in my cup. When i bought the car it had to have climate....took me ages to find one!!! Now i have it, i never use it as i really notice a difference in performance and fuel costs!!! LOL always the way!!

I use cc when on the motorway or in standing traffic. If below 70 usually have the windows down. Sounds good blasting down country lanes.

VaVa

Just a shame about the driver ;)

Air conditioning is a f**king blessing when the weather's like this. Sure you can live without it... we always used to..... but why bother? Priorities I guess, and mine are not a couple of extra hp!

Glad I don't have a pikey car, the AC saved my life yesterday and kept us cool on the way to the beach. Had to laugh at the people sweating with their windows open.

So true drove 600miles last weekend. A/C is brilliant!

lol at the pikeys.