ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Any cyclists on here?

02 plate 172
Hi all,

Apologies if I'm asking an old question (I did do a quick search, but didn't see much) But do any of you lot use your Clio to transport your push-bikes?

I've just bought an 02 plate 172 and even after a few days of ownership, I'm seriously impressed, just incredible performance from such an unassuming bit of kit:D

I've peeled back the door seals and looked at the roof and can't see an obvious way that you can fit a roof rack. If I take both wheels off my bike and fold the seats down I can easily get me or me + 1 and bikes + kit in there. But I'm hoping to spend a few long weekends in Scotland/Wales/ possibly France/ Germany and having 3 or 4 people in the car will make the whole thing a bit cheaper per head.

So if you have a roof rack, what sort do you have? what do you think of it? and if you have a second hand one, sell it to me!

All the best,

Dermot O'Logical

Meg R26 + Mk4 GTTDI
Im pretty sure a few people on here have them. The ones im thinking of are non sports though so Im unsure. Will wait for someone else to come along to comfirm

Clio 172 RS2
Yes i'm pedalpusher... mainly BMX Race and Mountainbike 4X.
Carry these inside the car nonetheless.

Not a fan of roofracks, i would suggest a removeable towing hook with a bikerack.

tiTTy & SV650
R20 CWH and Rufstuf have roofracks and cycle carriers for sale IIRC

Thule racks go under the rear window seals

02 plate 172
A mate of mine put his bike on the roof before going to our local MrClutch, it seems that the fitter didn't take the extra height into account before smashing the hell out
A: The shutter door and..
B: his lovely new shiny Kona Bike..
C; the roof of his car!
I can see your point Ralphizzle, but I don't want to hack the rear bumper about really. and as I drive a different height vehicle every day (truck driver) It wouldn't be a hassle for me.

Astra 1.9Cdti SRi
^ ye but he isnt talkin about Bmx tho no, hes talkin about Full grown adults bikes ;)

i can just about fit my scott Full Sus into the back of the clio, but no-one can sit in the front, except me :(

Astra 1.9Cdti SRi
Haha, same fella, im 6ft 2, its just a pain,

some times i wish i had a tow-bar, so i could get one of those bike racks that connect to it, would make it much easier then..

02 plate 172
Yeah, I'm thinking that 2 x six footers plus 2 x bike and kit ( one of the bikes is a 29er too) will be a bit of a squeeze, hence I'm looking at a roof system that will accomodate 3 + 3 to leave room in the boot for camping kit.

P.S. I guess you need to be a fully paid-up member to see the classifieds, I'll have to warm my cheque-writing hand up!

Thanks for the responses so far though, it's all good

clio 182 black /gold
It goes behind the seal in the front doors and behind the rear widow seals. Here is a picture or 3 of mine. Lee.
100_0629.jpg

100_0631.jpg

100_0632.jpg

Also i got mine from Thule.

i got the renault roof rack. if you look on the back side windows along the dotted edge at the top theres a triangle or 2. that shows where the roof rack gets place ( i think theres bracing or something in the roof at that point) for the front you open the door and pull the seal rubber thing off and theres a dimple to show where the rack goes.

tiTTy & SV650
Thule one dented my roof, I'd get a renault rack and thule bike carriers if I went down that route again. Removable towbar and a good ball mounted rack is a better option IMO. Fitted a removable towball to Ally's Ibiza Cupra was pretty neat too couldnt really tell it was there with the cover on it

182 Trophy (#27/500)
I just take the front wheel off and pop it in the boot with the seats laid flat. Granted this is a short term solution until i can muster up the confidence to fit a bike rack on the back - not a good luck but i love biking and theres no good Trials around where i live.

t3 corolla 116bhp
I just take the front wheel off and pop it in the boot with the seats laid flat. Granted this is a short term solution until i can muster up the confidence to fit a bike rack on the back - not a good luck but i love biking and theres no good Trials around where i live.

+1

quick release wheels FTW on my muddyfox

realnumber 1

ClioSport Club Member
Yeah, I'm thinking that 2 x six footers plus 2 x bike and kit ( one of the bikes is a 29er too) will be a bit of a squeeze, hence I'm looking at a roof system that will accomodate 3 + 3 to leave room in the boot for camping kit.

P.S. I guess you need to be a fully paid-up member to see the classifieds, I'll have to warm my cheque-writing hand up!

Thanks for the responses so far though, it's all good

Get one of These and take both wheels off and it will all go in easily.