ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Any ex-Fiesta ST drivers got an RS Clio?

Megane R26
I have an 07 plate Fiesta ST, and I'm getting a bit bored of it, so I'm looking to change it soon.

I have always loved the 182, and especially the Trophy. I was wondering if anyone on here has made this switch, and if they have any regrets?

I tried a Corsa VXR and a Clio 197 too, but I much prefer the way the 182 feels - a little more 'raw' I suppose.

Opinions? Suggestions?

Russ.

Dirty E91
You not seen the Roush pack for the St? can take it up to 185bhp plus suspension mods and bucket seats.

Megane R26
You not seen the Roush pack for the St? can take it up to 185bhp plus suspension mods and bucket seats.

Yeah I have, but mods like that never hold their value well, even though it is supported by Ford.

I would rather just get a 'standard' car and keep it that way.

Thanks for the suggestion though.

Audi TT 3.2 V6
ive just sold my focus st170, picking my clio 182 on sat. pretty sure ill have no regrets as i have owned a clio before...all be it a 1.2, but ill let you know in a couple of weeks.

at the min...cant wait to pick the new motor up!

Iridium

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Former R27 & Mk1 V6 owner
If it's any sort of help I test drove both in the same day? Within about an hour of each other heh. The only things the Fiesta had going for it IMHO over the 182 (with Cup Packs) was that it was cheaper, and was cheaper to insure. May have been a bit better built but it was horses for courses really. Clio was a lot quicker, felt more 'alive' on the road (in a good way) and generally was better to drive - also had loads more toys. Of course, this is based on a few test drives so might be a load of b****cks :)

Dan

Megane R26
LOL! @ Dan!

Thanks guys - it kind of confirms my suspicions. Question now is, do I get a 182 with Cup Packs, or a Trophy?

The insurance was the main reason I went for the ST, as I only have 2 years NCB, but I can now get decent quotes on a 182.

Iridium

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
I'd go for a Trophy myself. Ignoring the extra cost - it's obviously the best one (which is why it's most expensive heh). And there is the slight extra resale it'll give you as a limited edition, and the coolness of having a plaque hehe!

Dan

Iridium

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
Well I don't own a 1*2 of any flavour, so I have no reason to be bias, it just makes sense that the Trophy is the best one - although if you don't like red cars it's probably not for you hehe. As a hot hatch though, it's the best - as a commuting tool, or if I wasn't someone who put the handling/rarity etc above comfort/cost, maybe I'd want a 182 FF without the Cup Packs...

Dan

Trophy 007
gotta be a trophy if you can stump up the wedge for one, i get mine in 2 weeks and cant bloody wait!!

Golf R
i went from a Trophy to an R27... handling wise the R27 is right up there with a Trophy for me, horses for courses tbh, i test drove 4 or 5 normal 197's and then an R27 before deciding to buy one.

defo worth considering trying a Cup packed 197 first IMHO :)

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
I'd get a Trophy. Will hold it's value better than a cupped 182, and a 197.