ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Any guru's about? Car is literally dead UCH fault?

clio 172 cup
So Ive just gone to go out and the key fob does nothing, it light's up on the key but the car doesn't react. Opening the door with the key sets of the alarm which will not switch off, the car will also not start. The indicators do not flash..
It is lifeless.

Rusty Cup
when my car was acting crazy it was because of a loose earth wire. There are are 4 i think in the engine bay. the one that gave me problems was attached to the back of the gearbox under the airbox.

clio 172 cup
It's definitely not the battery, checked with a volt meter as is fine but charged it ivernover to he sure, key fob will still not unlock the car or do anything what so ever.

clio 172 cup
The reason I thought it was the UCH is the day before, the lights, windows and wipwes all stop working, and the relays under the glove box clicked like crazy and the wipers were off and on.
It had previously happened before, for a few seconds, but only noticed the headlight's flash on and off.

dan's cast offs.
Probably the battery on the car, give it a good charge for 24 hours if you can.

Also it's worth sticking a new battery in the fob, it's probably ok but I've had plenty over the years where there is enough life left in the battery to light the led but not to actually send a signal.

While the fob is open check the contacts on the board, microswitch is probably fine as the led is lighting up.

clio 172 cup
Car has had new alternator a couple of weeks ago, and swapped the battery from mates that he only bought a couple of days ago.

Changed the battery in the key fob straight away, all terminals and pcb board look ok.

PH2 172
Car has had new alternator a couple of weeks ago, and swapped the battery from mates that he only bought a couple of days ago.

Changed the battery in the key fob straight away, all terminals and pcb board look ok.

This is the wiring loom earth mentioned in post 6.It should bolt to the rear of the gearbox behind the battery.
loom earth.jpg

PH2 172
Could one broken earth really cause all the fault's with the windows light's wipers etc
and all the relays clicking.
I'll check this wire tomorrow thanks.
Very possible.
As it was suggested on Saturday, the assumption was you had checked it out already.

clio 172 cup
So I checked but couldn't even find that earth connection, however as I suspected it was the UCH I removed it and sent it away for repair, and yep it was the UCH, cost £60 and had to send the key with it, but two days later it was back and with a new key fob
Thanks for all the replies tho