ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Any help please!....strange noise...

Hi guys,

I am hearing this strange noise coming from the right side of my clio everytime I turn/steer left whilst driving. Turning right is fine.
It sounds like a whirling mechnical noise....possible from my front right wheel though I am not sure on this.
Anyone have any ideas as what this could be?...the noise doesn't exactly sound life threatening but is kinda annoying all the same...please help.

Many thanks for your help in advance....

Octavia VRS
Sounds like the same problem I had back in September but mine was when I was turning right.

IIRC I think it was the CV joint. It wasn't a big job to get fixed tho

Half stripped mk2 172
That could be cv joint or wheel bearing, dont think anything more than that. Its not life threatining but you should sort it out. CV joint is the joint that connects the drive shaft to the gearbox to put it in simple terms, where the wheel bearing is in the wheel hub and lets the wheel rotate.

Vince

Clio 1.4RT mk2 ph1
Constant Velocity Joint, have this problem just now my local parts supplier say's I have to replace whole drive shaft as they cannot track down CV Joint for RT1.4 Mk2 Phase1 can anyone point me in the right direction, Cheers