ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Any Idea Whats Caused This?....

BMW M135i
And if theres anything I can do about it? Seems pretty solid doesn't rub off, had them powdercoated by laptab last year and washed the car this afternoon and when they dried they looked like this? Its done it on 3 of the wheels but one is fine????

Only thing I can think is i've been using AG clean wheels, but it should be fine for powdercoated surfaces surely? Been using it for ages and no problems, only thing is I opened a new bottle this time.

DSC00301.JPG

DSC00302.JPG

DSC00303.JPG

Is it like a white powdery sort of thing? I tend to get that on my powdercoated wheels but have never been able to find a cure for it.

RenaultSport 172.
...someone used acid on my bbs and that did that...took me about 4 hours to polish it out using meguires metal polish & autosol....

wrecks the finish....id question the manufacture if its the same as myn mate !

Iridium

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Former R27 & Mk1 V6 owner
I'd say the AG Clean Wheels has reacted with them - but it's fine on lacquered wheels so I'd say maybe they weren't laquered properly when they were refurbed maybe?

Dan

BMW M135i
I'm thinking it has too but i've used it for ages before with no problem. Never had any problems with laptab before so i've got no reason to doubt the finish but I don't know tbh.

Has

RS 182 - Black Gold
Contact AG and explain you have just used a new bottle and this is the result...

Maybe they will look into it and see if the wheel cleaner has had the wrong mix/faulty batch.

If not looks like its a defect in the wheel finish....has it started a long while back? or just literally happened.

BMW M135i
Only happened today :(, strange thing is one wheel is fine! Think i'll have them done anthracite/pewter this time.

Could it not be wet n dry sanded and machine polished out? then re lacquered or something?

Seems a shame that this has happened, they look lovely wheels. shame to have to pay for them to be done again.