ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Any idea why

Maz

LY 200
my car would start with no problems as normal, I drive 8ish miles, the stands for 20 mins approx, I turn the key, the engine starts but stuggles/splutters for a couple of seconds then is ok :S this happened last night and has also happened once before but after track time at FCS.

Could it be the battery ?

Is there anything simple that can be checked please ?

Cup Turbo, Flamer
Mine had this problem but from cold starts, turned out the map sensor had come apart so that's worth a check, might be battery not sure, or maybe coilback?

Maz

LY 200
Its not from cold starts or hasn't been anyway.

Where is the coil ? is it easy to check if there is a problem ?

MERCEDES CLS AMG
Have you been drying your wet knickers on the rocker cover and theyve been sucked up into the throttle body and blocked the butterfly valve ?? - sounds like a job for dyno rod to me

Maz

LY 200
Would any of the suggestions be covered under warranty ? obviously I know the battery wouldn't.

Any idea of rough cost to replace them if not covered.

Just trying to woRk out if its easier paying Renault to do it or my local garage if not warranty.

Last edited:
I'd have thought they would be covered under warranty. Best to take it in and find out what the problem is. If its not covered under warranty take it elsewhere.

Maz

LY 200
Yeah thats probably the easiest thing to do, will book it in, thanks :)

Edit - Just thinking, could this have anything to do with fuel ?

Last edited:

Maz

LY 200
Did this again today after being on track at Oulton, really struggled to start but did after a few seconds, struggled and then seemed fine.

Is it something to do with the engine being too warm ?

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
Mine is always abit iffy starting after i've canned it then just switched it of.

Maz

LY 200
Its not right after, for example today, 20/30 mins after coming in off track and it struggled, I was ready to go back out again but the car wasn't.

Casson what do you mean ?

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
Its not right after, for example today, 20/30 mins after coming in off track and it struggled, I was ready to go back out again but the car wasn't.

Casson what do you mean ?

Yeah exactly like that.

Maz

LY 200
^ It starts but struggles to get the revs up if that makes sense, it like chudders and then runs normal, I turned it right off and started it again today and it started no problem. Strange.

^^ It wasn't like that the last two track days I did though thats what I can't understand and tbh the time before last when it happened I had only driven 8ish miles and it wasn't a hard drive just the normal :)

Black 182
altho it starts fine when cold, as the engine warms up this cud affect the resistance of the coil packs causing it to start poorly when warm!!!

sounds like it cud be 1 or more coil packs starting to fail, like sum other peeps said, but get it checked out at your local dealership if its still under warranty ? if not they might charge you a fortune just to check it so be careful !!!!!

Last edited:

Maz

LY 200
Under warranty until November, would this be covered then or classed as normal at 37k ?

Could do with knowing really as everything with them is a struggle.

Maz

LY 200
Someone else said it could be the plugs, you reckon I should change them and then if its no better go to renault ?

Prob easier to take it to renault 1st unless you have spare plugs. No point buying some if they're not the problem.