ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Any ideas to solve this rattle

2005 Audi A3 3.2 Quattro

I was in the back omy car yesterday trying to find the very loud and annoying rattle that was coming from the back seats and it turns out the rattle was being caused by the rear seat headrests.

Does anyone have any ideas of how I can solve this problem?

I was thinking of putting a thin film of epoxy resin on the parts that are rattling (metal on metal) but thought maybe you guys would know of a better method

I havent got a clue Im afraid mate.
I think the rear headrests on my Clio are the only bits that dont rattle. :(

Im actually pleased with my interior, its all flush fit and of a good quality. Actually the sunroof is a joke but apart from that, well happy!

KDF

Audi TT Stronic

what I wouldnt advise ..

Getting so angry at the rattle that you kick the crap out of your dashboard..

It seemed to cause more rattles and a loose dashboard when I tried this method in my 205 GTi

I took the dash out of my mark 1 valver i was so annoyed at all the rattles. I got loads of pieces of sponge and tape and secured all the wiring runs so there was no movement. I then placed some thin adhesive rubber strips aorund the plastic that comes in to contact with other plastic. It was a tight fit getting everything back together, but 80% of rattles have gone. Ive just learned to turn the stereo up and live with it. A good tip is to get someone else in the car with you whilst driving over bumps etc, as they can pinpoint rattles alot easier being able to move around the car. Girlfriends, for some reason, seem to be very good at this.

ive got a few already, worst one a vibrating/buzzing from the r.h.s of the dashboard down at about knee level.... as for the headrest one, you could take em out, they must weigh at least a kilo! im just pissed cause my back seat is crap!

pugboy

KDF

Audi TT Stronic

does anyones dash rattle a little bit when its cold ? mine only rattles a tiny bit when I have just got in the car, once its heated up its fine.

must be expanding in size when heated up and shrinking when cold causing the rattle

Come on people... The interior is made from plastic. Sure temperature affects them. This is not the case for clios... Its the case for every car. Even my fathers mercedes E200 has annoying rattles... I think that the interior of mk2 is very well made and dont forget the stiff shock absorbers....

remove the headrests (when youre taking out the back seats to save weight) :)

Seriously though, mine dont rattle, but perhaps you could try some of that insulating foam. Pull the hr out, squeeze some in the holes and put the hr back in so that the foam expands around the metal bits before it dries.

KDF

Audi TT Stronic

Quote: Originally posted by Jmark on 30 January 2003

Come on people... The interior is made from plastic. Sure temperature affects them. This is not the case for clios... Its the case for every car. Even my fathers mercedes E200 has annoying rattles... I think that the interior of mk2 is very well made and dont forget the stiff shock absorbers....
Wasnt Complaining.. just wondering if anyone else got what i got. I know most cars rattle, and considering I am one person that CANT stand rattles..I am happy with my clio. cause it only rattles a tiny bit when cold.

2005 Audi A3 3.2 Quattro

Ive currently got them out, and the car is much less rattly, but I really like them so Ill give smileys foam option a go and then if that fails Ill coat the stems in epoxy.

I did try swapping them around but to no avail