ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Any ideas?

Clio172
This has happend for about two weeks now since i did an oil change.
First attempted start up it coughs and splutters and doesn't start, then turn ignition key off then on again and starts fine. Could it be the battery?.
This happens all the time if i haven't used the car for any period of time and occasionaly when i have used it.

Also exhaust is spluttering from back box, checked for leaks (none) is this normal? oe exhaust system.

Clio 182 cup
I am also having very similar starting problems Shabba anyone any ideas what it could be??

I've heard TDC sensor mentioned a few times but I'm still not sure.

Mk4 XR3i 90 - spec
Mine used to 'splutter' from the exhaust also, more like the odd misfire every now and then, it used to remind me of how rally cars idle, but tame.

Mine had the tinyest leak at the backbox joint though. Barely could tell at idle or fast idle, couldnt feel very much at all round the join.