ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Any info on this 461bhp 182?

Cant quite make out where this is. Mentions vag gearbox but not what the engine is. Also i thought standard cams are always better for boost?

image.png

Stay Puft

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172
From what I can put together by slimming through the crap on FB.. It was initially put in someones car by Ktec, costing around 20k, built by Ktec, made high 300s bhp. Sold to that bloke who has it now, mapped by Chris @ EFI and built/fitted by Paul @ Tech1.

And.. I don't know if the engine pic helps you work anything out.

image.jpeg

MG ZR x2, Polo, CTR
He's well known on Facebook, owned a LY with similar power, not sure if this was another engine or the one from the LY

Different engine.
He had them both running together, but the LY was only 330bhp (ish) as his more reliable daily

cs_dave

West Midlands
ClioSport Area Rep
Engine knocking and turbo fail on the ly the lad swapped him for a mint ly 200 with low miles.

Then he tried to sell the 182t for 7k after telling facebook it was a shed

BoatNonce

ClioSport Club Member
From what I can put together by slimming through the crap on FB.. It was initially put in someones car by Ktec, costing around 20k, built by Ktec, made high 300s bhp. Sold to that bloke who has it now, mapped by Chris @ EFI and built/fitted by Paul @ Tech1.

And.. I don't know if the engine pic helps you work anything out.

View attachment 148968

I liked the bit at 1:04 when the washer jets started smoking.

cs_dave

West Midlands
ClioSport Area Rep
I thought it looked like ktecs old demo engine.

It's sad as f**k that I recognise a f**king engine :(

I didn't put two and two together when I read the spec but it clicked when I saw the spec.

Caused chris nothing but head ahce hope the new owner of that lump has more luck

Its got a huge spec, i think it was K-tec claiming over 500bhp so the claim transfered over when Chris had it, i believe Chris bought k-tecs demo car as oppose to spending the '£20k' building the car/engine, no idea what he bought it for, he ended up breaking the car for parts because it had issues (no idea what the issues were)

Knuckles

ClioSport Admin
Its got a huge spec, i think it was K-tec claiming over 500bhp so the claim transfered over when Chris had it, i believe Chris bought k-tecs demo car as oppose to spending the '£20k' building the car/engine, no idea what he bought it for, he ended up breaking the car for parts because it had issues (no idea what the issues were)

I'm not sure how true this is but I heard they gave him their demo car due to butchering his old black one so much