ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Any issues with Airbags if removing dash

I plan this weekend to remove my dash to fit my headunit/changer in the car. Ive read the dash removal, all pretty straight forward, Ive heard that the pillars should be removed first (are these easy?) and Im a little concerned about the passenger airbag. Should these things be ok?

na you wont have any problems, but yeah remove all the screws then slide out the pillar covers...then the dash will just come right off...really is easy

well there are about 5 poppers i think. just pull it off starting at the top, once the poppers are out you can just pull it out...sorry to confuse:)

to be extra safe disconnect the battery 30mins or so before you pull it apart, one of the guys at work was taking a dash out and didnt and it the passenger side one went off and put his head through the windscreen, OUCH

lol 172loony, honestly? er i mean thats not funny, terrible accident hehe:)

i really cant see how you could set the airbag off, but if you want to be safe disconnect the battery:)

Disconecting the battery> Will this also disable both "airbag seats"

N e ideas?

Also there is a "disable" lock for pass airbag on the passengers door using a key?

and remember

do not touch the airbag or the little yellow cables - otherwise it could be a nasty little job