ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

any one got a 197

Brisol my lover..
lpug206gt said:
has any one got a 197 yet had mine 2 weeks wot do you think off it ..............
How did u manage that???? only had our demo's a few weeks??

UR 197, AB 182 FF
I'm taking a 197 out again tomorrow, hopefully get a few pics/videos as I'm taking the car out unsupervised.

But yes, how did you get one so soon? I was quoted end of september!

RenaultSport clio 172
BIG jts said:
How did u manage that???? only had our demo's a few weeks??

An article in Evo magazine said that you'd need to be a very talented driver of a 182 to stick to the rear diffuser of a 197; the journalist is either a c**t or a clown as I didn't find the 197 to be noticably quicker in any respect. In fact, if anything, I felt that the turn in was slightly slower.

Regards

i agree, i test drove one, and i thought it was boring to drive, didnt feel as quick.. but fair enough, not run in yet, and the car is a lot bigger, comfier.. but tbh, i wouldnt even consider changing my 182 for one

RenaultSport clio 172
justinRT said:
the car is a lot bigger, comfier.. but tbh, i wouldnt even consider changing my 182 for one

It's a pendulum effect, as happened to the original Golf GTi.

1. It's light, but with little comfort, but it does what it's supposed to do exceptionally well.
2. Fat people start buying them, then decide they want climate, leather, electric sunroof, sat nav.
3. They get heavier and they lose sight of where they started out, and start having to use heavier and more powerful engines to compensate.
4. They get even heavier, moving so far away from the original brief that they share nothing more than the name of the original design.
5. They go back to point 1.

Regards

Lux'd Glacier White R26
Pictures? I've not even test drived one yet. Too many negative comments about them. A Cup variant on the otherhand, yes please!

Tyson.

172 Cup
I was infront (naturally) of a red one yesterday, seen it a few times. could be a company car, had alot of window stickers on it NCAP 5* n all that tosh!!

Clio V6 255
g18llo said:
An article in Evo magazine said that you'd need to be a very talented driver of a 182 to stick to the rear diffuser of a 197; the journalist is either a c**t or a clown as I didn't find the 197 to be noticably quicker in any respect. In fact, if anything, I felt that the turn in was slightly slower.

Regards

Actually he's neither, just correct. I was at the test with this journalist who drove a 197 and a 182 Cup over the same 10km road route at least five times and the superior damping and wheel travel of the 197 means it drives away from any 182 as soon as the road is not billiard smooth - which is 90% of the time- and it was the same when the drivers swapped round. thank god the engineers actually built the car properly and resisted the uninformed opinion that a car only drives properly if it has overly large wheels and rock hard suspension ie most sporting Audis.

Subaru Impreza STi 02
Hi Fellas.:D

This is my first post on here. I test drove a 197 today and was not impressed at all. Compared to my 182 it seemed pretty dull. I'm driving an Impreza at the moment and thought the new clio would sway me away from the Subaru. Maybe I need a longer test drive. Cars seem to grow on you. Anyone know when the Cup version is being released?

ITB BG 182
Ive test drove the new 197 an dont think its got as much punch as the 182 there seems to be no play with the car plus i would say the 182 handles corners and takes off better than the new 197, an another thing it just seems too Big..?

Plus when nissan release the micra V6 thats going to be some competition for the V6 clio

chiefsilverback said:
Renault said never again didn't they after the 255?

Thats true, but they said the same after the 5 turbo 2 as well and yet they made the V6 230/255, so we can only hope :)

Simon

dick said:
just buy the 350z much better than any french car.

haha, Nissan use LOTs of FRENCH parts these days....infact the Mk3 is almost a Nissan Micra underneth....lol

350z is a nice car but just to normal and common....but still if Renault don't make a new V6 I will move on to a different marques.... :)
must be RWD, Mid Engined 2 door and 2 seats though? for my liking anyway :)

Simon

Subaru Impreza STi 02
What would be the better choice?

197 or the 255 V6?

I'm thinking the 255 is way more eye catching. I'd say as eye catching as a supercar. Its so different!! I really wasn't impressed by the 197 test drive but have yet to drive the 255.

Clio 182 FF 2005
There making a micra v6 :O does any1 know where i can get some information on it, sounds interesting lol.

Lux'd Glacier White R26
nissan-micra-350sr-807.jpg

nissan-micra-350sr-805.jpg

nissan-micra-350sr-806.jpg

It called the Nissan Micro 350 SR. Not sure whether it will make production. But it looks very sweet!

Tyson.

tommyboy said:
Still looks total cack like all micras.

"What do you own again?" ..."erm a micra :rolleyes:..."

end of.

some of my mate say the same thing about Clio's..... :rolleyes:

RWD, Mid Engined, 2 door, 2 seats, V6 3.5 litre engine, 306bhp 0-60 in under 5 secs.....I'd have it....but would prefer if with a Clio wide body I guess... :)

As the new clio Mk3 is almost a Micra anyway, maybe if they ever make this we will get a new Clio V6? here's hoping anyway ;) :)

Simon

Last edited:
  ITB BG 182
There another new clio v6 coming out next year anyhow boasting higher on the bhp an torque but also looking to be differnt from the current body shape of the v6's but also not looking like the new clio shape either.
I havnt got any pictures but i was told this by a friend who works for renault itself an not a dealership of renault, as soon as she lets me have some ill post them but im not promising owt

john182rs said:
There another new clio v6 coming out next year anyhow boasting higher on the bhp an torque but also looking to be differnt from the current body shape of the v6's but also not looking like the new clio shape either.
I havnt got any pictures but i was told this by a friend who works for renault itself an not a dealership of renault, as soon as she lets me have some ill post them but im not promising owt

No there won't be.

GPH1 said:
Actually he's neither, just correct. I was at the test with this journalist who drove a 197 and a 182 Cup over the same 10km road route at least five times and the superior damping and wheel travel of the 197 means it drives away from any 182 as soon as the road is not billiard smooth - which is 90% of the time- and it was the same when the drivers swapped round. thank god the engineers actually built the car properly and resisted the uninformed opinion that a car only drives properly if it has overly large wheels and rock hard suspension ie most sporting Audis.

Great post.

GPH1 said:

Indeed.

car? need a license 1st!
I think thats the only micra i've seen that'd I buy.

Looks f**king SWEET!!! Big wide arches, same alloys as 350z, sex on wheels (can't believe i said that about a micra :eek:)