ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Any one Know what this could be?

RENAULT SPORT CLIO 172
My 172 sounds like it is struggling with steering lock on nearly full.

i have just had the steering Pump replaced as it was whining when turning sharp corners. now when i am 3 point turning it sound like a grindy squeaky noise is coming from the rack... it sounds mechanical almost like moving parts are not greased and rubbing.

i am taking this back to the garage in the morn but he is a spinster and i could do with a bit of ammo to stop him blagging me.

Please Help...

fiesta zetec s mk5 / 182
when i 1st got mine i had a power sterring leak from a metal connector just under the inlet and i had a loud geinding noise when i turned wheel! any fluid when uve left car parked?

RENAULT SPORT CLIO 172
No, it doesnt exactly make the noise when its moving. just when you are using full lock when you turn. i dont seem to have lost any fluid and there are no marks on the road or where i park at work. its dead embarrising cos your sitting there looking all flash, engine purring then you turn your wheels and it grind its nads off. for some reason people are telling me it the rack or CV Joints...