ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Any risk removing back seat crossbeam

Hi - as I am going on a road trip and have removed the back upright seats, would it reduce structural rigidity to remove the black metal beam where the the back seats connect (it goes straight from one side of the car to the other, usually covered by the plastic protector as seen from boot?

The Renault mechanic could not give a definitive answer either way and its important to know if I should want to sleep in the back - he said to maybe remove it each night.

Thank you.

Sleep in the back? you being kicked out of your house or something? LoL

anyway, no there is no risk from removing it, there are lots of clios running without them without any problems whatsoever.

im gonna head inland Australia in search for billabongs, with a Clio as my swag. the back seats have been removed to make room for a single pillow-style mattress, and Ill lie diagonally across with the front passenger seat pushed forward. Anyone done it before?

lol 3 of us slept in the back of my mates mk1 1.4 RT once, we got kicked out of a party for filling up water pistols with Vodka and spraying it round the house. Were to pissed to drive so put the seats down and kiped in the car. ha ha ha it was so funny thinking about it.

dont sleep in the drivers seat with the key in the ignition, even if its just for the heaters, me, and bayliss moreover, found out the hard way

Yeah when we unlocked it I said to my mate "if the pigs find us with the keys on us, they nick us" so he threw them in the front garden. Took us a while to find them the next day. lol

wont cause any damage whatsoever, as the black beam is bolted onto the floor pan. If it was structural itd be bolted to either end of the car. from what i can see it serves little purpose, probably in place as security for the back seat.

Keevster