ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Any tips using iphone on o2 in US of AAAAA

Cro

Meg'd r27
As above guys, heading to the states on tuesday for 7 weeks but dont fancy getting hit with huge bills when I come back.

Its unlocked and jailbroken so was thinking of getting a cheap US sim out there but not sure.

If I don't im turning off my edge / gprs and voicemail, so that should be me pretty much ok shouldnt it?
Apart from me making/picking up calls and sending texts that is

Go cry to your momma!
I'm after some advice with this too..

I was going to try and get an AT&T PAYG SIM but apparently, they're not that easy to get when you're over there..

I'm not fussed for calling back home, more calling local and data. I'll use skype for my calls back home and log onto o2 to webtext back home.

saxo :P
if u can get a usa sim as that should be cheaper, id get people at home to use either skype or whatsapp then u can communicate with them for free almost providing you find a free wifi then use the usa sim to call ppl there.

Monaro VXR
Should be able to get a sim from best buy or somewhere like that. If not then a cheap PAYG phone and put the simcard in your phone.

Just make sure data is off roaming etc. Otherwise expect massive bills.

Also keep in mind that in the US you pay to receive and make calls. So if you do buy a US sim card don't think something is wrong when you are getting shafted for receiving a call.

Also mobiles work a bit different out there they aren't really mobile numbers as such. Where you pick the phone up and register it to is where it will class as its home area. So calls there are cheap. Make a call an hour away in another town and it is long distance.