ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

any waxes with effective fillers?

Black/Gold 182
I've got a 182 black/gold. On the bonnet particularly it has a few long, straight scratches in the clearcoat which I can't get out by hand with ScratchX or T-cut (in fact, I probably did them by polishing/washing too hard). One or two you can feel with your fingernail. There's even one where next doors cat got on the freshly cleaned car and slide off (I would have wrung its neck if I'd have caught it)

I haven't got a PC (and would probably c*ck it up if I did) but are there any waxes I could use which might effectively mask them? I've got NXT tech wax but it doesn't do anything to hide them.

I dunno if it's just my car but it marks incredibly easily. I've even put some light scratches in when doing the fingernail test above - and that was with no pressure at all! They only really show up under good light but p*ss me off

Mito Sportiva 135
I've got a 182 black/gold. On the bonnet particularly it has a few long, straight scratches in the clearcoat which I can't get out by hand with ScratchX or T-cut (in fact, I probably did them by polishing/washing too hard). One or two you can feel with your fingernail. There's even one where next doors cat got on the freshly cleaned car and slide off (I would have wrung its neck if I'd have caught it)

I haven't got a PC (and would probably c*ck it up if I did) but are there any waxes I could use which might effectively mask them? I've got NXT tech wax but it doesn't do anything to hide them.

I dunno if it's just my car but it marks incredibly easily. I've even put some light scratches in when doing the fingernail test above - and that was with no pressure at all! They only really show up under good light but p*ss me off

You will want a polish rather than a wax (or some sealants marginally cover them up).

If you are scared of PCing yourself I am sure someone else can be encouraged with the promise of green paper... my car is still a PC virgin as couldn't afford one after spending too much last month! Think I will wait untill dries up a bit more and can spend a couple of days totally going over the paint, and really give the neighbours a taste of OCD action!! Although my family take the piss out of me too.... I AM COOL!! ;)

riz

ClioSport Club Member
  Jaguar XFR
if scratch x isnt gonna take it off a wax wont help ,
a glaze sealant wax combo will help but will still be there

Black/Gold 182
do you reckon I'd be better just leaving it a couple of years and then getting a front bonnet and bumper re-spray? Would get all the stone chips then and prolly only a couple of hundred quid?

Better than yours. C*nt.
Yep, give up, get a respray. If it's bad enough to feel, you'll only make it look better, never get it perfect.

Craig

ClioSport Club Member
  E46 330i tourer
pay someone to pc it that should get rid of the scratches if there not to deep and leave an cracking finish

riz

ClioSport Club Member
  Jaguar XFR
but u can fill it with touch up and sand it down, i think theres a one legged american on Detailingworld who does it

Black/Gold 182
don't get me wrong, they're not full on scratches, just in the clearcoat. Don't know anyone with a PC so think I might just take Mike's advice and get a respray in a couple of years. I'm never buying another black car!

The permaguard seemed to do a decent job in the other thread!

Have you tried good old super resin polish by hand?

Black/Gold 182
^^ no, I'm just about out of NXT tech wax so next pot will be the SRP. Very tempted by permaguard but it's pretty expensive and needs annual top up.

**EDIT** just bought a pot of SRP on Ebay :)

Last edited:
  106 GTi
Try a nice Glaze such as Clearkote Vanilla Moose Hand Glaze or something like Zymol HD Cleanse, both work well at hiding defects by hand then apply a good wax.

Chances are most the defects would cleanup by a machine polish.

Black/Gold 182
maybe a stupid question, but is the SRP a one-stop treatment (ie. wash, apply it, done) or should I wax on top? I'm not really into car cleaning so whatever is easiest I'd prefer :)

106 GTi
It can be used as a one step products, lightly cleans polish and gives some protection ( 30 or so days ) top it with there EGP sealant for up to 3 months protection.