ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Anybody fancy doing my cambelt (bristol)

clio 172 FF
im not spending £400 on getting my cambelt done in a garage

anybody around bristol wanna earn some money and do it for me?

cheers ladz

Renault would want £750 ish so £400 is cheap.

Parts are £150, so if you can get some one to do it for £200 plus parts you are getting a good deal imo

Ph1
Renault would want £750 ish so £400 is cheap.

Parts are £150, so if you can get some one to do it for £200 plus parts you are getting a good deal imo

750 quid :eek:

My steelers are not even half that. Got mine done at the same time as a pulley and it came to under 300! (before anyone asks, im not getting mixed up with the auxillary belt either)

PLACE IN GUILDFORD, SURREY WILL DO IT FOR £300 INC OEM PARTS, LETS FACE IT, IT IS NOT THE HARDEST JOB IN THE WORLD AND WILL TAKE LESS THAN 2 HRS TO DO WITH A SKILLED TECHY, THE BOOK TIME IS RIDICULOUS!!!!

yeah, another clever forum user - had a cam belt done on ex comp car 182 clio and wow the garage did the belt, tensioner and aux belt on it in 1hr and 55 mins, whilst I sat there and waited, - or I am making it up cos I am bored?

Why get upset over someone who has facts that maybe disagreeing with your own opinions? Maybe the dealers you take your cars to are just getting the YTS apprentises to work on your cars, hence they will charge you book time of 4+ hours. Who knows and who cares, that the price, thats the time - job done.

^ I don't use Renault.

I use someone I trust and others trust on this forum. I'd not trust the words of anyone who can't realise he typing something out in caplocks lol.

or maybe I dont care about over sensitive forums members who know everything about f-all, and f-all about everything!

PSML back at you, if your happy spending stupid money (£600 quotes mentioned above - yeah right, if you know better fine)

good for you, caps lock cos I couldnt be bothered to take it off - not that makes any difference. Bt well done, I am sure the guy who posted the orginal thread will be chuffed with the waster responses left - inc me cos I am bothering to respond!

And I use a company I trust and was just passing that on, if it does not meet your ideals well fine so be it, but critise and go on cos someone else has made a suggestion, after all it is a forum.

If you use someone who is top notch and trust worthy, maybe you could promote and recommend on here so those not part of the "in crowd" could use them!

Right, just before we hi-jack this thread totally with mindless crap and as I was focusing on not typing with CAPS LOCK on, I must have missed your link to this "place" so would you mind relinking it?

PS - I am glad that I am not the only sad fart still on line at 0100 Sun AM!

172 Race Car
Tbf i did mine in 4 and half hours at home on my drive having never done one before. spend along time checking and double checking everything so could definatley do another one quicker but think under two hours is going some. When i worked at Ford doing old shape Transit vans all day we could half the book times on pretty much every job cos we did it day in day out

Book time for a clutch was over two hours, could do them in 45mins
Book time for cambelt was 1.3 hours could do them in 30mins

But again imo under two hours for f4r cambelt is good going

CB600FS
PLACE IN GUILDFORD, SURREY WILL DO IT FOR £300 INC OEM PARTS, LETS FACE IT, IT IS NOT THE HARDEST JOB IN THE WORLD AND WILL TAKE LESS THAN 2 HRS TO DO WITH A SKILLED TECHY, THE BOOK TIME IS RIDICULOUS!!!!

Paahahah, using Genuine parts your 'Skilled Techy' will be making about £5 profit.

Changing tensioners? Idlers? Water Pump + Coolant if needed? are they even using the locking tools?

Book time for a clutch was over two hours, could do them in 45mins
Book time for cambelt was 1.3 hours could do them in 30mins

On axle stands me and another lad (12 years at Rover)

214 Clutch from jacking up to letting the jack out - 45mins
KV6 Cambelt from jacking up to letting the jack out - 3 belts, aux belt, new stretch bolts, new end caps - under 2 hours. Remaining Rover dealers want the car for 2 days and want the engine out ahahahahahahah, we start about 20 to 10am, finished at 11.25am.

Thats on axle stands aswell.

Where do you work now Burp?

Last edited:
  172 Race Car
TomTom, I work wherever the car happens to be when it goes wrong. on the side of the road, from an orange van.