ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Anyone able to recomend some 16.5cm speakers for oem headunit?

Audi TT 3.2 V6
As title.

I want some 16.5cm speakers to try and add a little more mid bass to my music. However i want to keep the stock cabesse headunit.

I was thinking of maybe getting some from an Astra H. My gf has one and the mid bass etc is alot better. The speakers are also ofcourse designed to be driven of a low powered headunit.

Unless anyone can ofcourse suggest some good 16.5cm branded speakers that will work well of the oem headunit? Ive always been a fan of infinity kappas in my previous installs however i think they need to be amped and have an aftermarket headunit to be any better than stock.

Ta,

Russ

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
I usually find that changing the head unit makes more of a difference than changing factory speakers.

Clio RS 200 cup chassis
it is all a matter of budget as well and .......tuning. You can have be best speaker in the world but if you don't feed them with good strong and clear signal they will sound rubbish. For my part, I have a alpine HU 2 jl amps powering 4 components genesis / AVI sound and 1 jl sub and the sound is fab.

Audi TT 3.2 V6
I can apreciate changing the headunit would get far better results. I have found this in the past. I just cant stand the look of an aftermarket headunit in the ph2 dash as imo it looks horrible. I was therefore hoping to find a way of improving the mid bass slightly by using larger speakers that were designed to run of 10w rms or whatever a standard headunit puts out.

Hmmmm might be a case of trial and error. See what i come up with.

RSC 182 Cup
Focals. I've got them fitted with my stock 182 head unit and the improvement in bass and sound clarity is amazing. The Focals have got a very high sensitivty rating and are ideally suited to driving from a stock headunit. ;)