ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Anyone driven a standard 182

Having heard that South Africa wont get the cup options, Ive started to doubt whether I should still get one.

Have any of you Clio fanatics seen or driven a 182 without the Cup bits?

How does it look with the silver wheels and is the handling that different?

Hope someone can help.

Astra VXR 17/05/07

Smiley,

I have an order in for a 182 and i have gone for the cup spoiler pack but declined the cup suspension pack.Some think im mad not going for the suspension pack but i prefer the look of the standard alloys.I have not heard that the standard 172 suspension is crap and it seemed fine to me when i drove one and the 182 is an improvement over that so thats good enough for me.

At the end of the day its down to choice but i would not be put off by this car based on not being able to get cup options.You only have to look at it and read about it,its a belter as standard dont you think ?

Why not go for the suspension pack and sell the wheels and get some Turinis or something ? The 182 Cup I drove felt better than my 172, if I was ordering a 182 I would get the suspension pack definitely then I would sell the wheels. Somebody would want them.

Astra VXR 17/05/07

I am happy with the standard wheels Dai and the suspension.Yes the cup set up is better but the standard 182 is calimed to be an improvement over the 172 as well and its hardly bad suspension on the 172...or is it ?

There is also the cant be arsed factor of forking out for new wheels and selling the old ones etc !

Mondeo STTDCI

Im sure there will be plenty of wheel swops happening in future months acorss 182 owners.

Funky, thanks for the input. That helps.
I guess Ill have to wait untill they arrive (March/April) and take a drive. That will decide it between the Clio, Cooper S and Pug GTi 180.
I used to have a MK1 172, which is why Ive been waiting for the 182.

KDF

Audi TT Stronic

Quote: Originally posted by Funkyjahooner on 23 February 2004
Smiley,I have an order in for a 182 and i have gone for the cup spoiler pack but declined the cup suspension pack.Some think im mad not going for the suspension pack but i prefer the look of the standard alloys.I have not heard that the standard 172 suspension is crap and it seemed fine to me when i drove one and the 182 is an improvement over that so thats good enough for me.At the end of the day its down to choice but i would not be put off by this car based on not being able to get cup options.You only have to look at it and read about it,its a belter as standard dont you think ?

To be fair mate the Cup suspension as they call it is not the same as the Cup suspension (if that makes sense)

And the 182 "Cup" suspension really does seem to make the car a much better handling car (from reviews I have read and peoples experience of driving the 182 with it)

Quote: Originally posted by _KDF on 24 February 2004
And the 182 "Cup" suspension really does seem to make the car a much better handling car (from reviews I have read and peoples experience of driving the 182 with it)

Since we wont be getting the Cup options anyway, I guess it doesnt matter. Has anyone seen it in the flesh with the standard rims?

From what Ive heard, even the standard 182 has had numerous suspension revisions over the 172 so should already handle better. The Cup setup is more track specific and on the poor roads we have here is probably not a good idea anyway.

Astra VXR 17/05/07

Smiley,

With regards to the cup suspension,despite it making the car mush better according to some reviews i dont think that the greatness of the car all depends on that.I have no intention of taking mine on the track or driving like a man possessed around evey corner going ! As standard it is still a great car in my eyes and like yourself my final choices were very similar.To me the pug 180 just didnt do it for me and the cooper S would cost a few ££££ more to spec it up to anywhere as near to the 182.The lack of options on the 182 says it all,there are so few because it has it all as standard !

Quote: Originally posted by _KDF on 24 February 2004

Quote: Originally posted by Funkyjahooner on 23 February 2004

Smiley,

I have an order in for a 182 and i have gone for the cup spoiler pack but declined the cup suspension pack.Some think im mad not going for the suspension pack but i prefer the look of the standard alloys.I have not heard that the standard 172 suspension is crap and it seemed fine to me when i drove one and the 182 is an improvement over that so thats good enough for me.

At the end of the day its down to choice but i would not be put off by this car based on not being able to get cup options.You only have to look at it and read about it,its a belter as standard dont you think ?

To be fair mate the Cup suspension as they call it is not the same as the Cup suspension (if that makes sense)

Just as the 172 "cup" suspension really does seem to make the car a much better handling car ;)

^^^ Agreed, the Cups handling is noticeably better than a 172. Annoyingly bouncy on some roads tho, wouldnt like to have to do many business miles in one..

Nah...thats the best bit....loads of miles = loads of fun!!!

Id rather bob about, than sit there in a mundane bolox car - wheres the fun in that???

Na the standard 172 feels like a much more refined/bigger/comfy car. The Cups suspension does my nut in sometimes.

Astra VXR 17/05/07

ok,so its agreed by everybody that the cup suspension pack on the 182 makes it a better drive compsred to the 172.How does the standard 182 suspension compare against the 172.Some 172 owners have tested the 182 with cup suspension and say its better but has anyone driven a standard 182 and comapred it ?

Quote: Originally posted by Neil82cup on 24 February 2004

Na the standard 172 feels like a much more refined/bigger/comfy car. The Cups suspension does my nut in sometimes.
Agree, and thats not what I want. I like having my nut done in!!

I should have been a racing driver I reckon.