ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Anyone drove Pug 206RC or new GolfGTI

206gti is popular. The 206RC came so late and not as popular as GTI in my country.

I really want to know the comparision between our Clio 172/182 and the Pug RC.

By the way, the new Golf GTI are so fast, its DSG gearbox is even quicker than manual version.

106 GTi

The 206 RC (GTi 180) over here felt no where as near as good as the 182, general opinion is nice seats though! I test drove one the day after testing the 182 and was not impressed. A far cry from Pugs of old.

Have been out as a passenger in my friends new Golf GTi but not driven it yet. Alot off money for what it is.

ive drove the new golf gti.... was considering swopping my 182 for it. Didnt though... there was no way it was guna be as much fun. didnt feel quicker at all + rolled a bit too much. It was real solid and well built though its wins on comfort easily and there is no difference in speed but it jus wasnt as much luggin that weight around.

I had a test drive of the GTI a while back.

As 3012 says the GTI is far more comfortable (by a long way) and the interior is much much better.

The one detail that i really like was the straight segment of the steering wheel. Dunno why its just looks fcuking superb IMHO.

Speed wise it felt a bit torqueier in fact all gears seemed to have a bit of kick in them low down. Very smooth feeling.

However, GTI was far to pricey and i bought a new 182 with cup packs. It arrives mid June.

YA WEE FCUKING DANCER! CANT WAIT.

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M

the new gti is a lovely car but it couldnt be more different to the 182. the gti 5 is quite laid back and very, very torquey! ( something like 60 - 70% availible from 1800rpm!) As for DSG, i got the impression you have to be brutal with it to get any improvement over the manual due to the extra weight incurred by the gearbox and ancilleries. Id stick with a manual and have the retro cloth seats (standard)

iv not driven a gti 180 but i dont think iv read a review where it came out in one piece. lol

just depends on what kind of driving experience youre looking for TBH.

--chris

It is not good to buy car when it first release, cos it may still have things to follow up and fine-tune.

I heard that GTI will comes with Recaro seat later, same as the new 182 option.

Anyway, will stick with our lovely Clio!!!!

A friend of mines driven the GTi180 and said compared to the 182 you really have to work it alot harder to get any power out of it. Seems the Clios torque range is alot better than the 180s. The Golf GTi is alot more different to the 182 though. Turbo, four door, plus I think built as more of a refined luxury hot hatch than the feral 182 hehe :cool:

Quote: Originally posted by RSC172AU on 20 May 2005
A friend of mines driven the GTi180 and said compared to the 182 you really have to work it alot harder to get any power out of it. Seems the Clios torque range is alot better than the 180s. The Golf GTi is alot more different to the 182 though. Turbo, four door, plus I think built as more of a refined luxury hot hatch than the feral 182 hehe :cool:

Turbo???

Clio 200 Cup packed

yea, new golf is a 2.0 turbo...

check this out, nice price!!!!

2005 05 Reg VOLKSWAGEN GOLF 2.0 GTI 5dr DSG (ref 2582)
10 miles, Metallic Diamond Black. STOCK CAR - IMMEDIATE DELIVERY - PLEASE SHOW ME A VW GOLF THAT IS NOT AN IMPORT -THEY ALL ARE!!! All our cars are 100% UK specification, EU supplied so they come with the manufacturers 2 year pan- European warranty (including VW assistance), the only difference is a UK supplied car comes with a 3rd year VW dealer network insurance-based warranty (which incidentally you can purchase for our cars at the end of the 2nd year for around £300-£400). Our prices are fully on the road with no hidden extras and you as the 1st keeper. We also offer low rate finance and part exchange.No UK supplied IMPORT will give you that discount! This car has the following factory fitted options: Diamond Black, Anthracite leather, 18" Monza alloys, Luxury pack 2-folding and dipping mirrors & surrounding area lighting, Xenons, Rear parking sensor, Navigation/Radio system with 6 CD autochanger, Mobile phone preparation, multi function steering wheel including paddle shift gear change and cruise control, rear side airbags (Picture is for illustration purposes only and is NOT the actual car) IN STOCK FOR IMMEDIATE DELIVERY. UK list £28,080 OUR PRICE £27,995.

Focus ST3

if the performance is similar then why not compare? ppl would have to go and do something useful rather than adding their 2p worth!

Cup'd 182

Id say the power delivery in the GTi 180 isnt as good as the 182. My major gripe is the pedal box in them, I have to twist my ankle quite a lot to use the clutch comfortably. Ive also got a 106 Rallye so I know all about small pedal boxes!

GW Clio 200

The 206 GTI 180 has nothing on the 182. You have to have incredibly small feet aswell, as the converstion to right hand drive left the accelerator pedal far to close to the brake.

The 206RC is in my opinion a lovely looking car and one that I had on order for over 4 months, but fell through due to poor delearship management and I went and got myself a 172 Cup instead, and having done so did not regret it, I loved that car ( had to get 182 because GF wanted Air Con )

Renaultsports cars are still leading the way in terms of value for money and performance.. leave the VW they do not warrant the inflated price tag...

Weeman sucks ****

I test drove the 206 when it came out and it felt sh*te. Wheels are too big and the engne was guttless, seats felt cheap aswell. I wonder why I never see any about...

*cough* flop *cough*