ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Anyone else notice this

Just sitting in my 182 the other day waiting for the missus and noticed that i can put the drivers windows up and down without the ignition being fully on.
(Just on first turn for the stereo)

Doesnt work for the passenger window even through the control on the drivers side.

Does this happen on all Clios with electric windows or is it specific to 172/182 models?

Mazda MX5 1.8

i think the drivers works if the door is still locked after a drive..... but it deffo works on the 1st click yeah

does it on my 1.6

on the v6 and you can take the key out of ign and window still works .. stops working when you open the door

On mine, it works with the key out of the ignition, if you operate it quickly enough. Guess there is some sort of capacitor in there which discharges pretty quickly, if it isnt used.

Quote: Originally posted by vee6 on 01 September 2004

on the v6 and you can take the key out of ign and window still works .. stops working when you open the door
Ditto on the MK2 172

It works on my mark one. As long as you dont open the door then the drivers window will open and close as needed for about 5 monutes. Handy after you stop the car take the key out and realise you have left the window open. My old beemer and golf both did it too

BMW e46 320 Ci Sport

Quote: Originally posted by clio__chris on 01 September 2004

i think the drivers works if the door is still locked after a drive..... but it deffo works on the 1st click yeah

does it on my 1.6
i got a 1.6 same here.