ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Anyone else put BREMBO disks on the Rear

I have put some Brembo disks on the rear of my Mrk1 172 2001 but the original Renault ABS ring doesnt fit.

I need to try and get a larger ABS ring that will fit on the new Brembo disks.

Has anyone had experience with this?

Just spoke with Ktec they dont do Brembo.

I might have to scrap the Brembos and buy Renault disks complete with bearings and ABS rings for £78

Anyone want to buy my Brembos complete with new Bearings? Perfect for a CUP owner. NO ABS

Still puzzles me why people want brembo discs on the rears of their cars???? as the majority of the braking force (like 80% of it) is on the front (where a nice set of Brembos belong ;)).

Tony

since I put 17s on my valver the rear seems to brake harder as there is alot more noticeable brake dust on the rear wheels than the front......any opinions on this:confused:

less weight transfer to the front on the 17s so increased braking from the rear.

Also name me a car, any car that only uses 20% of braking effort at the rear.

Quote: Originally posted by Chris_H on 12 July 2003

less weight transfer to the front on the 17s so increased braking from the rear.
So is that good or bad? do I have to get it sorted out?

depends on your point of view. have you spun the car? Do you feel less safe?

If you dont like it then adjust the bias valve thingy. If you have an old shape clio (ph2 is the old ones yeah?) the vale and spring will no doubt be corroded and solid so even freeing it off may sort that transfer out on it.

no joe it uses more than 20% at the back, its actually brakes more on the rear wheels as the front wheel locks up pretty easily.

rally car with the bias wound forward? infact any car with the bias set to >80/20%. woudnt advise it though.

BTW, you cant change the size of the wheel speed pick up ring as youll throw out the sensor output and the ABS will go mad! it mwy also catch the sensor and destroy it.