ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Anyone else struggled with insurance in the Nw?

audi a6 3.0tdi
It seems that a lot of insurance companies are not interested in the Bolton/Manchester area. I rang Sky insurance and they told me they would not cover a clio 172 in the lancashire area so i tried just getting temp cover again they wouldn't cover it. In the end i ended up paying £630 with Brentachre, there is no way i should be paying so much. Anyone else struggling?

I've always paid alot mate, I'm on £1330 with brentacre and im 21 with 2 years NCB. hoping to be below £1k next year really... it's still abit silly tbh my postcode is SK8 which is a catagory D (from A* - E)

audi a6 3.0tdi
it doesn't help all my ncb is on the vectra but i'm 27 with 9 years ncb anywhere else it would be about £300

Da

Less
Sky wouldn't touch me either - first company that has ever refused my postcode.

Greenlight came up good though, £422 all mods declared.

Ian

Focus TDCi
If there's one reason I hate living where I do it's car insurance. I'm 21 with 1NCB, no points/claims and the cheapest quote I could get for a ph1 172 was over £3,000. Even with the 1.6 they wanted £1,600 for last year and £1,000 this year. Hopefully it'll be lower next June with another years NCB, but they still seem twice as high as anywhere else.

320d
Sky insruance 'offer' is crap. They exclude a load of postcodes including Warrington which I come under.

That quote is pretty high considering your age and experience Chris. My insurance is £1300, if it doesn't come down a few hundred quid next year I may get rid of the car. I'm going to Uni and I refuse to pay a fortune for insruance and tax on a car sat around doing nothing for most of the year.

I pay quite alot considering my age on my Cup due to living under a Manchester postcode. Most of Manchester is in the worst postcode group and the best you're going to get in Manchester is the 2nd worst group. Takes the piss really as my area isn't bad.

Mustang, S13, AX GT
Insurance around here sucks. Greenlight wont even touch my postcode yet the worst that has happened to any cars around here whilst I've been driving was a few tyres got slashed about a year ago. When I was down in Cornwall my insurance was less than £500 with no NCB, up here in Manchester its around £1300 with a years NCB!? Its stupid and just another way for people to rip off motorists.

Fabia VRS Special Ed
This is my first year, £3000 on a 1.2 51 reg clio :(

Hopefully it should go down a lot in April though :mad:

DMS

A thirsty 172
Sky Insurance quoted me £661 for my car with like-for-like on mods, which I shall probably be taking them up on when my existing policy runs out in 2 months.
That's fully comp, all mods declared, aged 23, 3 years NCB and living in DE7. You northerners really do have it bad!

330 Ci
It seems that a lot of insurance companies are not interested in the Bolton/Manchester area. I rang Sky insurance and they told me they would not cover a clio 172 in the lancashire area so i tried just getting temp cover again they wouldn't cover it. In the end i ended up paying £630 with Brentachre, there is no way i should be paying so much. Anyone else struggling?

Same problem for me - I lived nr Bradford and Brentachre were the only company that'd get near a "reasonable" quote for my 182 (£995 - 23 at the time - 2 years NCB).. Moved to city centre Manchester and its gone up another £180!! Is rediculous.

Legalised, extortion, MUCH!?

Greenlight won't touch me with a blackburn postcode. If I lived at my parents in yorkshire my insurance would be 50% cheaper!

audi a6 3.0tdi
i suppose if i had applied all my ncb to the clio it would be around £400 ish so not too bad.

Clio 2.0 172
You guys don't live far enough north. Enter the area of Aberdeen i stay in and I'm insuring my ph2 172 for £1500 fully comp n the policy was takin out in my own name when I was 18 with 1 years NCB :D

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
Insurance around here sucks. Greenlight wont even touch my postcode yet the worst that has happened to any cars around here whilst I've been driving was a few tyres got slashed about a year ago. When I was down in Cornwall my insurance was less than £500 with no NCB, up here in Manchester its around £1300 with a years NCB!? Its stupid and just another way for people to rip off motorists.

We talked about this at the mini-meet the other night, didn't we? It's a postcode lottery - which in itself I wouldn't mind so much if it was accurate, relevant or even marginally correct.

As I said about our previous address in Heywood - that was cheaper to insure the cars than where we are now. Yet I wouldn't even dream of having the 182 down there - let alone Jain's Vee. However, the Grand Machine of Insurance Calculations dictates that Heywood (under an Oldham postcode) is somehow safer than where we are now, which falls under a Bolton postcode. Yet we are 8 miles away from Bolton itself? :S

D.

audi a6 3.0tdi
I probably helped towards the expensive insurance for clios in bolton with writing mine off :( Sorry lads and lasses lol

Homo spec mazda
Try being 18 years old... with an M21 postcode. That A-F rating is all well and good but M21 is below F.

Mustang, S13, AX GT
We talked about this at the mini-meet the other night, didn't we? It's a postcode lottery - which in itself I wouldn't mind so much if it was accurate, relevant or even marginally correct.

As I said about our previous address in Heywood - that was cheaper to insure the cars than where we are now. Yet I wouldn't even dream of having the 182 down there - let alone Jain's Vee. However, the Grand Machine of Insurance Calculations dictates that Heywood (under an Oldham postcode) is somehow safer than where we are now, which falls under a Bolton postcode. Yet we are 8 miles away from Bolton itself? :S

D.
Its a load of b*llocks the scale really. Dont get me wrong Cornwall was very very safe off season, in the middle of summer though it was stupidly busy and we were in a holiday town 2 mins from the beach, any-one could have been walking past and fancying the cars around. It never happened but still it could have is the point. Out here its in the middle of a decent estate, no council houses around here or anything and every one on the street knows each other and in turn they know people on the neighbouring streets etc its a very safe area here imo.