ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Anyone else's clio seem to be falling apart?

172 gone :( 197 now :)
Ive had bits of the dash fall off now ive got the bit of plastic round the interior light hanging off! Also seems to get more rattles on a daily basis think its just gunna fall apart sometime! Its only done 17k! lol

172 gone :( 197 now :)
Yep thats what i been doing lately but wondering if the car shaking from my music is making the rattles worse! lol

Clio 200 Raider
yep bought my car in feb since then had new gearbox and brake pads and got the annoying 4k rattle plus i need a new dog-bone mount as my car has a grinding noise when i boot it in first gear.

still love the car though!

i have had little problems with my 182 since i got it. i have done 19k from new and everything seems ok...except for a blown rear speaker!

MKIII 138
my 172cup falls apart all the time i just slot it back together again as per instructions on cornflakes box

In the past I bought a used '02 172 that had all its initial niggles sorted (4k rattle etc) and a used '02 1.2. The 172 was totally faultless despite a history of track use and continues to be so in the hands of its new owner Fishy Dave, who also uses it on track a lot. The 1.2 has also been pretty much faultless - it gets a little mayo in the filler due to infrequent use, but nothing else worth noting.

Nafoff

ClioSport Club Member
ok this where you mark 2 owners spare a thought for us mark 1 owners....

although upon saying that..i reckon ours could be screwed together better maybe...

mine is pretty bad,sunroof creaks and rattles constantly,even the door does it,weird thing is soon as you touch the accelerator they dissapear!
on top of the my geal selector gaiter broke,my glovebox lid has snapped(crap design could see a few people having this problem soon) andthe gearknob is completely worn away.really like my car not had the nightmare reliability of renaults you hear of,interior quailty i would say is the major let down imo

len_beach

ClioSport Club Member
  E92 M3,172 track car
Exhaust has just snapped going into back box, it's after market as well. My strut brace has snapped the ECU mounting bracket. The gear gaitor has decided to come loose. The tracking is out. There is an oil leak from the garbox fill hole. Etc.....

Minbes been fine realy best thing is after 60k the rattles have seeingly gone although I've never had many anyway.

A clio
done about 4k now. No problems apart from the rattles. The drivers door might be leaking, but i think that is because of the rubber seal, nothing major.

Clio16v,205Mi16
Mine seems to spend more time off the road than on at the moment, still will get there eventually, but what do you expect from a 13year old car,it's going to have niggles.