ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Anyone getting a Clio 4?

Clio 200 Silverstone
Just gone for the 1.2 atm. Where I live the 1.2 is big enough for just nipping about.

expression plus
16" passion wheels
Glacier White
all the other bells and whistles

Gonna miss my MK2 :'(

Don't really understand the engine lineup. "Eco TCE" and "Eco DCI" engines seem pointless compared to the "Eco2" versions of each which have same power/torque output but better economy, lower emissions and are nigh-on the same price?

Clio 4 is getting good reviews.

Clio 200 Silverstone
yeah the biggest you get is 111bhp with all this eco bla bla, I just care how much it saves me on Road tax :p I nearly got the 0.9L Turbo eco friendly one ha

Clio 200 Silverstone
my current clio is £145 a year, f**k that for a game of tin soldiers. plus 83K miles, Time for an upgrade me thinks.

Nice one. I got a clio 4 brochure through the post the other day and I think they look superb! Look sooo fresh!

GT 86
I will be going to have a look when the RS version is avaiable in my local dealer. Also have to say although its a couple of years away I like the Honda talk of a new Type R (300bhp) allegedly due for 2015

Last edited:
  Clio 182
If anyone in the brum area is interested we have a couple of these on our demo range to try out and would happily sort out a good deal for a fellow CS member.

Sales pitch aside, they are great fun to drive, The 900cc 3 cylinder turbo engine is crazy to drive, you do wonder how theyve got that power from it, the diesel is the favourite for most though!

RB182cup&golf gti
I keep getting calls from my local dealer. "How would you like to be one of the first people in the country to test drive the new Clio?". Er, no thanks! I actually like the look of them but won't be getting one. Bet you can't wait to collect it

Ordered mine in Black with red exterior highlights, and red interior gloss pack. Dynamique S with panoramic sun roof and arm rest. The dynamique S is quite highly specced as standard, and its the DCi. I am still waiting for a build slot never mind a delivery date. Dealer keeps blaming Renault and issues with R-Link (sacked that off), and now the roof. It seems R-Link cars will be delayed due to compatibility issues with iRubbish devices. Looking forward to delivery, but the R27 will be up for sale, and that makes me sad - no more Recaro ass huggery!

Last edited:
not really anything to speak of when I ordered mine. It isn't cheap, but I plan on keeping it for at least the full term of the PCP - 4 years, and covering a decent amount of miles in it.

Clio 200 Silverstone
There due to be released on March 29th up here (inverness) But im getting mine on the 25th I'm 21 so the dealer thought it would be a good idea to push the date forward :D

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
i was having a look at them the other day in the dealers, nice cars but am i f**k ever buying another brand new renault, im not giving them another penny after my 200 blew up.

any reason why you choose the 1.2 16v over the 0.9tce? im surprized they are even offering the 1.2 16v, turbo ftw, our 1.2 16v twingo does the same mpg as my 1.2 TCE twingo and its got 75hp/ 80lb/ft ive got 120bhp/ 145lb/ft!!

n2x

e60/f10
Driven one a couple of times. The 1,2 engine doesn´t move. It sucks cojones. 0,9t is quite nippy in the city but i´d hate to think what will happen when overtaking someone. Revved it up to 6k rpm once and it felt like it was going to explode. The interior is ugly too. The only thing i liked was the fact that it had a little bit more sound isolation than my ph1 172 :D I´d wait for the 130bhp TCe and tinker around with the interior to make it less colourful than a 9-year-old girls my little pony collection.

'12 Clio 1.2 TomTom
Just test drove the 0.9 tce dynamique medianav one.

Didn't like the interior. Didn't like the media centre, I've seen better GUI from £30 android tablets, the sat nav was gubbins (my current built-in tomtom is miles better). No CD player? No massive, but still a negative point.

The whole interior just felt cheap. Indicator stalks from the twingo.

I loved the steering wheel, and liked the new dash/tach/speedo/trip computer console thing. I liked having current mpg reading (sad, I know). I liked the stop start and the engine, around city, was fun to drive.

would I get it? Only if it was a free upgrade, and because like with people getting rid of their iPhone 4S for the iPhone 5; I like having new stuff and having it before everyone else catches up.

I wouldn't buy it, I'd go for a low-mileage 12 plate clio 3. Though it might grow on me.

The pictures in brochure and online do not look like the car I drove, at all. (As far as interior goes - mainly dash)

Arctic 182FF
I don't understand why people buy these sort of cars brand new. I think I'd only ever get a brand new car if I was loaded and it was a supercar really. If I had 10k+ to spend on a car, the last car that pops to mind would be a 1.2 clio. I understand that if it's for a young driver you can't just go out and buy a nice E46 M3 (which is the same price) but I have no doubt that there's nicer cars you could get for that price and however much insurance costs. Infuriates me when people get bought a brand new car for a first car, what's the point? Seriously? Sorry for the rant.

The Chubby Pirate

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf R
Because someone has to buy a new car, don't they?

0.1% of the population actually 'buy' them though, the rest PCP/HP/Finance them. Smart people buy, intelligent people rent.

Because someone has to buy a new car, don't they?

0.1% of the population actually 'buy' them though, the rest PCP/HP/Finance them. Smart people buy, intelligent people rent.

Rent it. Treat it like a rental. Take it back when it breaks. Pick it up "fixed"(more broken). Wind the miles back. Hand it back.

Makes for very very cheap motoring I you do your sums right ;).

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
i hate depreciation.

my twingo going by market prices has gone up in value by about £500 in the last 6 months/10k of being force fed a bar of boost everywhere!!!

Knuckles

ClioSport Admin
I was playing in one of these today... Broke the touch screen thing after 10 minutes lol :eek:

Set some pre sets to the radio, synced my phone, made a call, tried to use the nav function and it died lol

These don't come with spare wheels btw... It's a £50 option and then there's no space for it under the boot carpet. There's a recess in the boot floor to house the jack/tow bar etc, but there's no way you'd get a wheel in there.

this one didnt look too bad

E65F3151-AF56-4811-8B79-5A2499ADA394-6808-000007499B5E95B5_zps5227fce0.jpg

73C391BD-E20B-466D-891E-EA57E19F2276-6808-000007497EC2FB53_zps23cfdb77.jpg

BC77A493-BC2E-42F8-8CBF-23C7923B57B4-6808-0000074975546443_zps87e5221c.jpg

The spare wheel is suspended under the boot floor asfaik. Unless you have the DCi. I have since been told that the spare wheel is no longer an option on this car. I am having some issues with a Clio 4 order but will start a separate thread for advice.