ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Anyone gone back to a standard exhaust

Clio 182 arctic
As title really, I have a scorpion RS192 that has been on there for about 3 years now, Its brilliant don't get me wrong but can be a bit loud and drony at times, And I seem to have had a few comments recently about it being loud, which I guess I haven't noticed since I have lived with it for so long. The comments bit doesn't really bother me but the drony-ness does. Having a roof rack also doesn't help the noise at anything above 40mph either. I must be getting old.
Has anyone gone back to standard. The only thing putting me off is the standard exhaust looks like pea shooters in comparison.

How good (read how OE does the like of euro car parts pattern part sound) Will they sound the same or completely different.

Cheers

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
It has to be o.e or nothing. The pattern parts I've heard tend to be quite loud also. I ran a decatted standard system, was ok added a bit of rasp

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
I want to buy another 182 next year all being well, but the exhaust is the main thing that puts me off :(

Yeah, same move as you. RS192 to standard.

The 192 is quiet so to speak, but drones and drones at motorway speed.

On the contrary, I now have an Original Yozza on the Trophy, and whist being a darn sight louder, there is no annoying low frequency drone on the motorway.

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
The two best exhausts i've had are a Ktec silenced and a janspeed silenced.
Marginally louder than standard, look good, but no drone, no noise, and best of all, no rot!

Clio 182 arctic
Yeah, same move as you. RS192 to standard.

The 192 is quiet so to speak, but drones and drones at motorway speed.

On the contrary, I now have an Original Yozza on the Trophy, and whist being a darn sight louder, there is no annoying low frequency drone on the motorway.

Did you get an original renault exhaust then? They seem to cost a fortune new or difficult to find a decent 2nd hand one.

clio sport 182
I had Longlife build me an exhaust in stainless and requested close to standard spec and it's no louder than original

Renault Clio 182
i have a standard exhaust on mine which is alright but it does look like pea shooters and want to another exhaust but as you say i dont want nothing too loud but i did drive one with a miltek exhaust on it and that was just the right tone and loudness really but they cost a fortune tho.

Coops Mk1

ClioSport Club Member
  Lots of Scrap...
I've tried all sorts, went from yozza to standard to milltek to standard to janspeed to standard to RS192 that's on now

I prefer the RS192 tbh, the others droned more I found than the RS192 (milltek and janspeed were both the silenced versions) and I've always run a cat.