ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Anyone gone from a 172 to CTR?

CLS, RS MEG
Thinking of swapping the 172 for a civic. Just fancy a change for 12 months or so. Love the clio to bits, will probably end up getting another one day. I know the fuel will be heavier.... Apart from that are they similar to maintain/ insure?
I have this list of cars i need to own before i end up with a mortage! :)

RS-1, Bebop, CTR
I have gone from mk1 172 to a '04 EP3.

CTR has the best engine and gearbox in class, marvelous suspension, superb build quality, compared to the clio. Chasis and steering are a bit numb, but they take some getting used to. 2004 facelift model is a big improvment in those departments.

Clio is not as strong technicaly, but has a much liverlier chasis, steering gives way more feel, it brakes better. Acceleration wise, up to 100mph, a good example should match a CTR.

For me, Clio was the more fun car. But i am also loving the CTR, since I am driving it, I realized that much of the criticism against it is unjustified. But it is still not a car for everybody, same as the clio.