ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

anyone got a 182 with over 200bhp.

Jamie

ClioSport Club Member
Prob looking at ITBs or cams, headwork, decat, exhaust, air filter, matched inlets and map.

Either way it certainly is not going to be cheap.

MCS R56
6k gets you 240

but the jc5 wont handle much over 200bhp anyway for very long lol

£6000 pounds for approx 70bhp...what a complete waste of cash!! (IMO) It will also increase your insurance a fair whack, I would think and fuel costs will jump.

I'm sure it's fun and all but I can think of much better fun to be had for £6K, cars included.

B/G 182 + PH1 Track
ITBs on standard internals will be 200 BHP
ITBS with decent cams 210-215BHP
ITBs with full internal/headwork ect 230-240 BHP

Turbo depending on high or low 210 - 240BHP maybe more
Supercharger 250BHP Maybe more depending how far u want to push it.

Depends how u go about doing it, we got our ITBs 2nd hand so paid alot less than if we d had them new. Our new project has become quite expensive though.

Supercharger is 4K + , the rest are on Ktecs site.

Or Just go to a Rolling road such as motorscope which will give you a really high print out, job done.

Greeny.

ClioSport Club Member
  440i + 182
RS Tuning Supercharger ftw, about 4k and around 250bhp, winnar.

Failing that a decent live map and cams for like 1.5k? ISH!? :) Would get you near 200bhp anyway for not spending silly ammounts. Obviously you already have a decent filter, de-cat, exhaust and matched inlets though! ;)

172 - 249bhp @ the wheels
Cheers Jamie :)

It seems quite a trend on here to just agree with what others say, right or wrong, but having a Clio running over 200bhp for the last 4+ years it's a total myth about the box. If you drive like a total spastic, then yeah, they will go, but mine has been fine for the last 100k and it does get some stick.

In fact, while we're on the subject of gearboxes, anyone bother changing the box oil ever? lol

Cooksport Fleet
Im sure its generally the torque which kills the boxes not so much the BHP.

My mate has a trophy on ITBS, on standard engine, with decat and janspeed.

Made 209bhp.

soon to have forged pistons, cams and headwork.

its stripped, and quite a machine.

ITB'd MK1
Im sure its generally the torque which kills the boxes not so much the BHP.

My mate has a trophy on ITBS, on standard engine, with decat and janspeed.

Made 209bhp.

soon to have forged pistons, cams and headwork.

its stripped, and quite a machine.

where did it do 209?????

never seen a phase 2 break 200 on ITBs without cams

ITB'd 182...
LOL

Will see what mine gets at powerstation in November

And my box is fine and has had death for 2 and a half years :)

S2 106 GTI
My old 172 cup :D Just on single body and a few other mods... My before inlets were matched and 182 manifold fitted
DSC00520.jpg

And after -
DSC00521.jpg

That was my last ever 'recorded' RR graph. Since I had the 182 manifold fitted and inlets matched. I changed the exhaust (again) fitted a 'better' decat, had my inlets matched better, and had a full custom live map put on the car.....So it would have been over 200.

Miss that car
NansBirthday049.jpg

NansBirthday061.jpg

I'm sorry matey, there is no way on god's earth that the following is possible. :(

DSC00521.jpg

That was my last ever 'recorded' RR graph. Since I had the 182 manifold fitted and inlets matched. I changed the exhaust (again) fitted a 'better' decat, had my inlets matched better, and had a full custom live map put on the car.....So it would have been over 200.

Lionel Richie
yep, problem being is people using different dynos etc etc

that car might do 200+ on "another" dyno, this is where the "problem" comes from

to be honest, sod the figures, if its quick its quick

the end!

e60 M5 -172- dciheid
yeh i think you have a point there. i bet if the same car went to 10 dynos over the UK that the differences would be surprising