ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Anyone have 16" Turini's with Hi Spec brake kit?

Hi all,

My first real post after browsing around for the last few months.

I've had my RB 182 cup 15 months now and yet to do anything to it.

I went on a couple of track days in it but stopped due to having standard brakes been holding off as wasn't sure if I wanted to commit to buying anything (was thinking of switching when insurance came down as always been a fan of cars similiar to Lotus' as been Go-Karting since the age of 8 so rear wheel drive has always felt more comfortable and slamming on the throttle when sideways to bring the front back round feels unatural to me :p) Also got an insurance quote for a VX220 Turbo for £900 (i'm 22) which got me tempted but after much contemplating and reading about various problems etc...and then realising how much money I would need to spend to get a car that was as fun as the clio I decided it just isn't worth it. Also realised that Go-Karting was fun power sliding and this might not be soooo much fun when I have to pay to replace the rear tires!! I've decided to keep my money, keep the clio and have some fun with it.

Been itching to go back on a track for months and it doesn't help that my dad is constantly on track days with his cars so time to get on with it.

I've looked around at every manufacturer I can think of for brakes.

My dad uses 4 pot Stop Tech and 6 pot AP Racing on his cars but can't find a set for the 182 from either of these apart from a racing kit on the AP site. I've looked around here and seen a few different options and the 2 piece Hi Spec set with the aluminium bells looks good but wondering if anyone who has had experience with any of the main caliper manufacturers maybe on other cars brembo/AP/stop tec/tarox would be able to tell me if they are decent as to be honest I never heard of Hi Spec till I got a clio.

Also if anyone has any other kits I may have missed feel free to suggest please. I've seen Wilwood and Compbrake.

Lastly at the moment I have the standard Cup wheels but thinking of changing to 16" white Turini's to go with the red hi spec caliper's with white text. Just wondered if anyone had fitted the 300/22 kit with 16" Turini's as don't have the wheels to double check with the template.

Any advice/thoughts please. :)

Cheers

Clio 220 lpg
Is putting Racing pads in not an option, I rallied for 3yrs with racing pads in standard calipers and they worked fine and 20min at home you can swap back to standard pads, just a thought.

378bhp Leon Cupra R
K-Tec are doing a deal just now for cliosport members which looks good without spending crazy money

Brembo HC discs + DS2500 Pads + KTR Stainless Brake lines for £207 (inc vat)

K-Tec are doing a deal just now for cliosport members which looks good without spending crazy money

Brembo HC discs + DS2500 Pads + KTR Stainless Brake lines for £207 (inc vat)

hrmm that is tempting. Although with a trip to Nurburgring coming up also I would like all the stopping power I can get for the autobahn. Never know when I might need it. :rolleyes:

378bhp Leon Cupra R
hrmm that is tempting. Although with a trip to Nurburgring coming up also I would like all the stopping power I can get for the autobahn. Never know when I might need it. :rolleyes:

TBH!!! is not a lambo ur driving :rasp:

But why not phone K-Tec or Yozzasport for advice they do big brake conversions.

Last edited:
TBH!!! is not a lambo ur driving :rasp:

even so, if you get to 140 ish other cars approach when your doing twice what they are. Knowing my luck it be an old granny doing 40 and I don't want to risk going past someone at speed incase they decide they randomly want to go in the other lane so want to slow up as I see someone. Have been in a car when it's happend but luckily the car I was a passenger in had a 4 pot kit and pulled up in time.....just.

Lionel Richie
waste of cash putting 4pots on a 2.0l clio (in my opinion)

the stock calipers are more than fine, the majority of the track boys will tell you the same

Lionel Richie
even so, if you get to 140 ish other cars approach when your doing twice what they are. Knowing my luck it be an old granny doing 40 and I don't want to risk going past someone at speed incase they decide they randomly want to go in the other lane so want to slow up as I see someone. Have been in a car when it's happend but luckily the car I was a passenger in had a 4 pot kit and pulled up in time.....just.

am i being dumb, but are you saying you need 4pots because you do 140 on the roads?

am i being dumb, but are you saying you need 4pots because you do 140 on the roads?

Nope

Trip to Nurburgring though coming up! Autobahn!

EDIT: fastest i've gone is about 130 at Bedford on the long back straight, maybe i'll give it ago without calipers and see how it feels, i'm sure it will be a big upgrade but also know there is a noticable difference going from that to calipers from when my dad did it step by step. Although Clio is a lighter car so may work. :)