ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Anyone heard of this before on Ebay ??

Trader Rating - 100%
1   0   0
  Black 172
Someone has bought an item from me for £250, he has made payment and i have an email saying a payment has been made in to my paypal account. I cant see the payment when i log in, at the bottom of the email i received from Paypal confirming the payment, it says that i need to send paypal a reference to them via email when i have posted the item and the money will be credited in to my account???. This sound very dodgy umm, thing is i am not prepared to post the item out without payment.

Trader Rating - 100%
74   0   0
  Vectra 1.9 CDTi SRi 150
You should defo not send anything until you have the payment confirmed. You are right to be suspicious. You can telephone Paypal if you need quick confirmation if a payment has been made, they will also be able to tell you if it's fake.

Trader Rating - 100%
2   0   0
  Carrera 4S. Clio 172. M5
This is defo a scam, All Paypal payments will show on your Paypal account as soon as they are made. Don't whatever you do send the goods.

Report it by sending a copy of the email to spoof@paypal.com

Trader Rating - 100%
1   0   0
  Black 172
i think i will have to wait a bit lol to open a dispute he has only just asked me if he can buy it tonight! cant open i dispute yet as Ebay have said its too early

Trader Rating - 100%
2   0   0
  Carrera 4S. Clio 172. M5
Its not a dispute, its an attempted fraud.You dont need to wait.

If he doesn't pay you correctly, cancel his bid and either offer the item to the second bidder, or re-list the item and claim back your listing and FVFee

Trader Rating - 100%
1   0   0
  Black 172
What i cant understand it the email says its from paypal, its very weird how people can try to scam you !!! surely people dont send items out without receiving payment first ?

Trader Rating - 100%
2   0   0
  Carrera 4S. Clio 172. M5
I could send you copies of 100's of emails I have had claiming to be from Paypal.
Everything from prize draws to congratulations for reaching Gold Power seller status, all very convincing but totally spoof.

Trader Rating - 100%
1   0   0
  Black 172
I could send you copies of 100's of emails I have had claiming to be from Paypal.
Everything from prize draws to congratulations for reaching Gold Power seller status, all very convincing but totally spoof.

Lol ahhh the truth is out now !!!

Trader Rating - 100%
16   0   0
  R35 GTR
dont click on any links in the email. If you have log directly into paypal again, by typing the address into the address bar www.paypal.com ( or click this link if you trust me) and change your password.

Then either ignore it or report the bidder to ebay.:)

Trader Rating - 100%
1   0   0
  Black 172
Ha ha, this bloke is from Nigeria !!. i have emailed ebay, and i have sent the email i received to paypal. I have logged in to my account and changed my password just incase!!

Trader Rating - 100%
2   0   0
  Carrera 4S. Clio 172. M5
Ha ha, this bloke is from Nigeria !!. i have emailed ebay, and i have sent the email i received to paypal. I have logged in to my account and changed my password just incase!!

If you have a second bidder, offer it to them as a second chance offer, saves all the hassle of re-listing it, and it should only be £10 less than your scammer bid..

Trader Rating - 100%
17   0   0
  1 Series Coupe
Just the 1 please :D. Then i can send them to innocent people and claim i want them to send a brand new state of the art phone to my ill son in bombay! :quiet:

You told me your son was travelling in Nigeria and had recently lost his phone.

He was, but has now travelled to bombay in the new 182 clio i ripped someone off for! ;)

Thats all you can really do. Have you changed your password in both paypal and ebay?

Tay

Trader Rating - 100%
9   0   0
  Titanium Clio 182
Yea blatant scam as others have already said dont send anything or forward any details by responding to spoof e-mail.

You can check through paypal about fake e-mails.

Ebay should ban scammer too if you complain.

Hope you get it sorted & dont loose out

Trader Rating - 0%
0   0   0

I hate these w*nkers. I've written plenty of great emails to them in the past, proper good stuff - I even write better emails once i've had a few drinks too, those ones are pure class (i've not had a drink tonight, shame really as i'd write a fantastic email for you to send to him)

Trader Rating - 100%
1   0   0
  Black 172
Well ive received an email from Ebay and from paypal today. Ebay have informed me that the persons account has been hijacked and they have been buying things with there account, paypal have cofirmed that the email which was sent is not from them !. I allready changed my password etc etc anyway as i knew it was dodgy, who would pay £250 for a phone which is used lol !!!!

Trader Rating - 100%
1   0   0
  Black 172
Lol, yes we know its dodgy thats why i have written the thread above saying what ebay and paypal have replied to me with LOL

Trader Rating - 0%
0   0   0
  RB 182
Same thing happened to me, realised straight away and told ebay bout it. Bloody scammers. Not only that wasted a week of me selling. Better luck next time , just remember to write at the bottom summit similar to

Will not sell to sisters aunties brother in nigeria , lol they left me alone then!

Sib

Trader Rating - 100%
1   0   0
  Clio 172 (Silver)
Post them a box of s**t, get the tracking number and send it to the spoof paypal so they pay you.

Jokes on them then and it'll be worth the postage to imagine there face then they get a shitbox in the post

Trader Rating - 100%
4   0   0
  172 Cup 2003
Post them a box of s**t, get the tracking number and send it to the spoof paypal so they pay you.

Jokes on them then and it'll be worth the postage to imagine there face then they get a s**tbox in the post

That is actually genius!! dont put a real return address tho lol