ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Anyone in or near Bognor able to remove locking wheel nuts?

Arctic Blue 182
After not noticing the key hadn`t been replaced after my last tyre change and now having a flat (hole is in the sidewall). I need to remove the tyre and after hammering, chiselling and lots of swearing I've given up.

Anyone able to help?

They are the ones with the spinning collar.

Typhoon

Gangsta
ClioSport Moderator
I had the spinning collar ones.

Used a hammer and a punch to smash the collar off and then used a socket (slightly smaller then the bolt) to hammer over the edge and twist it off that way.

Arctic Blue 182
Have you googled 'locking wheel nut removal in Bognor' ?

Home tyre advertise wheel nut removal

I had found this place, but closed by the time I googled them. Will be phoning them tomorrow at 8:30 to find out costs. Loathed to pay to have them removed but may be my only option.

I had the spinning collar ones.

Used a hammer and a punch to smash the collar off and then used a socket (slightly smaller then the bolt) to hammer over the edge and twist it off that way.

Everything I have had to hand to use as a 'punch' has been defeated by the collar. Bent and blunted. Will see how much the guys above want and then work out if the cost of a solid punch and my effort is comparable.

Cheers lads

chris blue

ClioSport Area Rep
  172 Ph1 2001
Good luck- think it goes to show that unless they are reeeeaalllyy fancy wheels, locking nuts are a no go nowadays.
Havent used them for years, unless they came with a new car

How many times do we hear of car wheels being pinched- loads wheels with no locking nuts

Ol’ Tarby

ClioSport Moderator
  Clio 220 Trophy
I fucked my locking nuts off the other week. Just a pain in the arse.
Can't see anyone pinching a standard set of wheels worth 32p anyway

Arctic Blue 182
A lot of tyre places have kits consisting of sets of locking wheel nut keys to remove most locking nuts.

May take a trip to my local one. Have one nut removed so could see if they can match a key and then borrow it. Cars immobile because of the flat.

The rest of the statements about them being a pita, I whole heartedly agree with. Won't be replacing them once off!

2014 Clio 200t edc
I paid £30 to a mobile bloke to remove mine on my last one. He was there for hours and didn't charge more. They were genuine Renault ones and broke his special tool so had to resort to welding a bolt onto them in the end. They were only really hard to get off because the tyre place I'd used a few days before had used the gun on them.

dan's cast offs.
you need to find someone with a dynomec tool for getting them off. takes about 30 seconds if the bolt is bloody tight.

chris blue

ClioSport Area Rep
  172 Ph1 2001
cant you take it back to the tyre place that did them up so tight

That spray stuff you put in a tyre to seal a leak

Keep air in the tyre for 1 minutes- or as a pancak? Maybe lift and tow? just an idea

Arctic Blue 182
cant you take it back to the tyre place that did them up so tight

That spray stuff you put in a tyre to seal a leak

Keep air in the tyre for 1 minutes- or as a pancak? Maybe lift and tow? just an idea

It was two years ago. I've been out the country and I'm just trying to get the little rascal up and running. Person who was supposed to be driving it every now and again, failed me, thus the flat.

Anyway, just got it off. Mate lent me an impact driver and with the collar still in place, hammered a size 24 over it and it was off in 30 seconds.

:up: