ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Anyone into music production?

CrippsCorner

ClioSport Club Member
  Astra VXR
My girlfriend bought me Ableton for my birthday and I've finally cracked it open for a look this week seeing as though I'm off work (see other thread)

It's a bit overwhelming! :astonished:

Gone through a few of the built in lessons but it really doesn't explain the process of making a track, it's more about learning where things are. Looked online for some guidelines but it seems you have to pay top dollar for anything decent... wondered if anyone had any recommendations?

Looking to start with a house track really as probably the easiest!

CrippsCorner

ClioSport Club Member
  Astra VXR
I made a start! Found some good YouTube tutorials... but after the first couple of lessons, you have to pay. Which I might do, but I've just moved house and not everything's over here yet so it's all on hold for the time being. The tutorials have given me the basis of understanding how to get sounds of the software though :smile: however I did find out the amount of samples on the discs is actually bigger than my entire SSD!

Inferno 225 cup
I made a start! Found some good YouTube tutorials... but after the first couple of lessons, you have to pay. Which I might do, but I've just moved house and not everything's over here yet so it's all on hold for the time being. The tutorials have given me the basis of understanding how to get sounds of the software though :smile: however I did find out the amount of samples on the discs is actually bigger than my entire SSD!
I'm contemplating ableton 9 live
8c8332d1f015a9ef0eb25e65ef3bcebf.jpg

Just don't want it to be something I buy and never.

I really want to do it though :(

CrippsCorner

ClioSport Club Member
  Astra VXR
Yeah that's the one I've got. I'm not going to lie it's an investment in time! Maybe give a few tutorials a run through and see what you think.