ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Anyone know about C172 CUP

We paid 10650 for our cup with 39 miles, climate and 6 months tax - before it got stolen.

I would pay £10k for that car, I may give another few hundred quid for the plate.

In fact, if someone wants the plate, I will buy the car ;)

Ziel Nurburgring

Think the price probably reflects the plate. I bet the dealer hopes a young buyer comes along thing wow look at the plate ill take the car for the full price please

Clio 197

Dave,

You found one. If I were you, Id have a chat with the former owner and find out why it got traded with 1000mi. on the clock. You may be pleasantly surprised to find an old biddy who just didnt like the ride or something like that.

The two owner thing could be that it was a pre registered car. Check that out as well. It is highly unlikely there were two real owners.

And by all means get a good panel beater to look it over for any previous damage.

I think the car offers great value as you need the A/C. Just beat them down a little bit more, cash talks, and flog the plate.

See you at the ring. In a blue car hopefully.

Ed

[Edited by Eddd on 10 July 2004 at 4:00pm]

Don

182 & LY Clio 220 ed

£11K is a bit steep for it, you can get a 182 with less miles on it for about £12.2K...although thats without the cup options, etc.,

Bit sneaky though, but leave the auction to finish, can guarantee if they dont get 11K, then theyll just tell auction winner that its sold. Then offer them the price that ebay ended at, and maybe 100 more and see if they accept.

the plate is worth well over 250 heh.. that was on newreg.co.uk for £3995 2 weeks ago. i saw it when looking for mine.. oood a bit at it then went on and chose a 250 quid one which was bought for my bday

Quote: Originally posted by Eddd on 10 July 2004

Dave,

You found one. If I were you, Id have a chat with the former owner and find out why it got traded with 1000mi. on the clock. You may be pleasantly surprised to find an old biddy who just didnt like the ride or something like that.

The two owner thing could be that it was a pre registered car. Check that out as well. It is highly unlikely there were two real owners.

And by all means get a good panel beater to look it over for any previous damage.

I think the car offers great value as you need the A/C. Just beat them down a little bit more, cash talks, and flog the plate.

See you at the ring. In a blue car hopefully.

Ed

[Edited by Eddd on 10 July 2004 at 4:00pm]

Have a deal sorted on a brand new 182 withcup packs to be delivered the week before our next ring trip.....and we have also been out in a nice test drive in a brand new Civic Type R too!

[grumble grumble money!]

Dave

Clio 197

Cool. Youll have it well broken in by the time you reach Nürburg.

Funny thing about the type R, they seem pretty well matched to the Clio in terms of performance. I do like the seats though!

Ed

Brand new Cup (pre reg) at Renault Leicester is now down to £10480 with 30 delivery miles on it - probably get it for 10K with a bit of a haggle.

Get a different cup plate for 250 and youre laughing

Elise/VX220/R26

that plates not a £250 quidder it was auctioned with a reserve of £500 a few months ago. You cant pick "172" on dvlas make a plate thingy

Quote: Originally posted by CUP80Y on 10 July 2004

Brand new Cup (pre reg) at Renault Leicester is now down to £10480 with 30 delivery miles on it - probably get it for 10K with a bit of a haggle.

Get a different cup plate for 250 and youre laughing
hehe - I went and asked them about that - the bloke I spoke to said that he had a special offer on and the price of those Cups were 9,959 (or something similar - cant remember now). That was about a month ago!

That plate obviously is only worth something to Cup owners... but it is worth far more than £250. I would give near the £999 mark for it, and Im sure it would sell in excess of £1500. You want a plate that means something to a lot of people these days... your looking at around £500 and upwards. Want a plate that means only something to yourself like X55 PJM (Paul John Marshall - for example) it will cost £250-£500.

I had given up hope of finding a newish one with a/c.

If we can get this for a good price, I rather fancy an extra trip to the ring!