ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Anyone know any Proxy Addresses i can gain internet access through ?

Does anyone know of any proxy sites that i could use to gain access to some websites.

The reason i ask is i'm offshore in Angola and the rig i'm on has blocked a few websites such as bebo,you tube etc etc :(

See link below for more info.

http://www.cliosport.net/forum/showthread.php?t=365004

I tried www.proxysite.org with no sucess :(

I tried typing proxy sites/servers into Google,Yahoo search engines etc and when the network/ internet access point on the rig picks up the word "Proxy" in my search and blocks it.

So if anyone knows any proxy websites i could use to get around this block would be great.

Cupra
Thats why websense is seen as being one of the best programs to use. ;)

The staff in our building have the same problem daily, most have given up now.

You could always try and download this (maxthon) if you have not already....

Kona Nunu Mountain Bike
Just the thread i'm looking for.

And the pc i'm using has Wbescnese on it too.

Any ideas how to get on Facebook ?

I've tried adding a s after http, this works but only for bringing up facebook homepage and websense detects it when you go to sign in :(

Anyone else any ideas ?

I'm stuck on another rig (Petrofac Thistle) and its the same again.

Blocked sites
Facebook, Msn etc

But guys are saying dating sites, betting sites etc are accessable.

Wtf !!!

The above proxys don't work :(

The Maxthon download doesn't work neither.

It says its SPYWARE/DOWNLOADS or something :(

Last edited:
  R26
Not much chance of getting past websense, i look after ours at work

As for anything else, i blocked everything but my pc and the proxy server from going out to the internet on the firewall :rasp:

Not unless someone was running an alternative proxy on the network and that was allowed through the firewall, apart from that you have no chance

Ah ok.

How can i check that ?

Are there no addresses i can type in to get into settings and check to see if the passwords into them have been changed from default ?

R26
Ah ok.

How can i check that ?

Are there no addresses i can type in to get into settings and check to see if the passwords into them have been changed from default ?

You cant really it would have to be guess work, unless you are bored and try every IP on the network and even then you have to guess the correct port too, i would give up mate lol

You cant really it would have to be guess work, unless you are bored and try every IP on the network and even then you have to guess the correct port too, i would give up mate lol

Ah well.

I'll give up as the pc i'm on is slow enough unless its the internet connection.

Do you think plugging my laptop which runs Windows Vista Premium into one of the spare LAN Ports on the wall which the rest of the computers are plugged into would work.

Or would i need settings for it it to connect ?

Sorry if this sounds silly questions.

R26
Ah well.

I'll give up as the pc i'm on is slow enough unless its the internet connection.

Do you think plugging my laptop which runs Windows Vista Premium into one of the spare LAN Ports on the wall which the rest of the computers are plugged into would work.

Or would i need settings for it it to connect ?

Sorry if this sounds silly questions.

The main security is done on the firewall so plugging your laptop into the network and if it connects, will enforce the same settings